Peter Stokkebye tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried their Luxury Twist Flake, and I like it quite a bit. In fact, I bought quite a bit of it so I'd always have some on hand.

I rather enjoy Balkan Supreme and have 8oz stashed away. It isn't FABULOUS but still pretty darn good.

My hoard includes lots of PS, including a couple pounds of Luxury Navy Flake. Proper English is a bargain for a tasty English. I also have the Cube Cut, which is a little tricky to handle, and think the Virginia, which is not just a bargain but cheap, is a very nice, low maintenance smoke. The Va smells like freshly baked wheat bread to me. I have a couple pounds of home blend Half & Half -- PS Virginia and Burley, which still has another nine months to go in Mason jars. I've learned not to be biased against inexpensive spirits or tobacco.

In my mind PS is the best bulk pipe tobacco. They have a wide range of products and are very reasonably priced.

The Luxury Flakes are terrific for the price. Bullseye is my favorite, but Luxury Twist and Navy Flake are both great too.

PS Navy Flakes is my all-day choice. I go through a 1.5 box in about 6 weeks. It is around $40 from many online shops -- or $60 from Iwan Ries as their private label. No flavor there but tobacco. It needs sipping instead of puffing like most Virginia leaf.

And I'll echo the view that Proper English is a tasty item. I keep it around for whenever I've a taste for a sturdy English.

Ocelot55":thvhxxol said:
In my mind PS is the best bulk pipe tobacco. They have a wide range of products and are very reasonably priced.
This

And this-

MisterE":thvhxxol said:
The Luxury Flakes are terrific for the price. Bullseye is my favorite, but Luxury Twist and Navy Flake are both great too.

Cheers,

RR

I've been cellaring a fair amount of their Golden Dansk! An overall pleasant smoke to me.

do you mean PS or the new 4th generation (the tins that are all named after dates)?

i like LBF for the PS. A lot of people really love the golden dansk if you are in to aromatics. if you mean the tins, the 1933 flake is excellent.

PS Luxury Bulls Eyes Flake and Luxury Navy Flake are top of the line VaPers. I highly recommend them.
AJ

They are excellent tobaccos at a very reasonable cost when purchased in bulk. Balkan Supreme is only one of my favorites.
:D

Balkan Supreme is my go-to tobacco. In my humble opinion, there is no better English for the money. I recently ordered some luxury bullseye flake, as well. Virginias are not normally my thing, but I was mildly surprised by its taste and smokability.

Pipe'n Prof":f5cgu3o5 said:
Balkan Supreme is my go-to tobacco. In my humble opinion, there is no better English for the money
I have to agree to that statement. Great Tobacco, reasonably priced. Same goes with the Lux Bullseye. Sometimes I find the Bullseye Flake a bit on the mild side, so I just kick it up a bit with a little Perique.

Doc

Ocelot55":27n2scwi said:
Agreed. Of the PS Flakes Bullseye is my favorite, and the only one that I have really stocked up on. Twist flake is good too. Luxury Navy Flake is a great deal, but cost aside as far as vaper flakes go there are other blends I'd prefer to concentrate on.

Balkan Supreme is a very good value too. An excellent blend for the money.

I have a shop close by and they have a lot of PS. Balkan Supreme I will buy next. Proprt English...is that PS. I like it. I like the Latakian favors and the stronger, richer tobaccos. Always looking for a suggestion!

Are there any RYOers here? I was never a regular cigarette smoker, but when I worked at a tobacconist, I did learn an appreciation for the better rolling tobaccos out there. I tried most of everything we sold tobacco wise. It's been years and years. I noticed that Stokkebye still uses some RYO-like names. Danish Export. Amsterdam. Norwegian Blend. Turkish something. Are these cut like pipe tobacco or more like rolling tobacco? Is it a matter of semantics, or is there an actual physical difference there? Closer to ribbon cut or shag cut? There used to be some fantastic Turkish cigarettes available in the USA (and Camels are nothing remotely like them). It would be a pleasant surprise if the Turkish could be used to roll. Anyone know more about these?

Zeno Marx":u3bgl0n7 said:
Are there any RYOers here?  I was never a regular cigarette smoker, but when I worked at a tobacconist, I did learn an appreciation for the better rolling tobaccos out there.  I tried most of everything we sold tobacco wise.  It's been years and years.  I noticed that Stokkebye still uses some RYO-like names.  Danish Export.  Amsterdam.  Norwegian Blend.  Turkish something.  Are these cut like pipe tobacco or more like rolling tobacco?  Is it a matter of semantics, or is there an actual physical difference there?  Closer to ribbon cut or shag cut?  There used to be some fantastic Turkish cigarettes available in the USA (and Camels are nothing remotely like them).  It would be a pleasant surprise if the Turkish could be used to roll.  Anyone know more about these?
I just smoke a pipe, but I have smoked Amsterdam, Norwegian and Turkish by the pound. The bulk I have smoked is a narrow ribbon cut.

i mail-ordered a few ounces of Amsterdam and Turkish the other day. Figure i can hand-roll it if i don't like it in the pipe. Also a little of their Black Cav to blend with CH, PA, etc.

Zeno Marx":3ej4o52b said:
Are there any RYOers here?  I was never a regular cigarette smoker, but when I worked at a tobacconist, I did learn an appreciation for the better rolling tobaccos out there.  I tried most of everything we sold tobacco wise.  It's been years and years.  I noticed that Stokkebye still uses some RYO-like names.  Danish Export.  Amsterdam.  Norwegian Blend.  Turkish something.  Are these cut like pipe tobacco or more like rolling tobacco?  Is it a matter of semantics, or is there an actual physical difference there?  Closer to ribbon cut or shag cut?  There used to be some fantastic Turkish cigarettes available in the USA (and Camels are nothing remotely like them).  It would be a pleasant surprise if the Turkish could be used to roll.  Anyone know more about these?
My wife uses their 313 Oriental and 84 Turkish in her tubes, and likes the 50/50 mix... Very fine shred.....