Piet is the one to be Saluted!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DoverPipes":vxqmwiv5 said:
Subject: Re: Piet is the one to be Saluted!

JP, is that with one finger or all five???? :p

All joking aside, Peter Binsbergen is a true talent in many mediums.
You should take a look at some of his artwork. Amazing.............
He is a true "Brother of Briar". His generosity knows no bounds.
I am proud to count him as one of my friends.

PS: Peter, Jean, & "Muddler"
Glad to see another RSA member onboard. Jean du Toit!!!!! Aka Jan Pietenpauw!!!!!
You guys really have some talent down there.
Now, how does Muddler fit into the equation??? He better start cranking out some pipes!!!!
He has to uphold the image of your countrymen, doesn't he?
:lol!:
Allow me t explain how the RSA brotherhood works...........

JEAN makes pipes
I clean pipes
MUDDLER: is the GURU, and the baccy and pipe encyclopedia of South Africa.......... he has the biggest cellar in the country and a pipe collection to match. It is thanks to him that my knowledge of tobacco lore has grown in leaps and bounds. The mans generosity has no limits!

I also had the opportunity to get some real experience in refurbishing some real high end pipes like Pete Gold Spigots and some real high end Dunnies.

As a matter of fact the brotherhood here wouldn't be what it is without Muddler!!!!!!
Muddler has been instrumental in getting my cellar off the ground almost a year ago now. He opened my eyes in terms of the fact that it was baccy I should be stockpiling and not pipes!!! Along with that a couple of brothers Ron, dover and JP have also since contributed to my loot!

Besides all this........... I am glad to call you all my good friends!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

JP....... I would feel insulted if you didn't smoke WALNUT in it!
Ron...... FEAR NOT! You are next on my hit-list

Dover, my role is to keep plying the boys with coffee & tobacco & test driving their pipes. It's a tough ask but I keep working away at it.

Muddler":18dsaqys said:
Dover, my role is to keep plying the boys with coffee & tobacco & test driving their pipes. It's a tough ask but I keep working away at it.
:cheers:
Amen Mudd!

Very nice Piet I always wanted to try the olive wood I hear it smokes very well and it looks great
Best Regards
Richard

Muddler":vfv8jzyy said:
Dover, my role is to keep plying the boys with coffee & tobacco & test driving their pipes. It's a tough task but I keep working away at it.
I'll trade jobs with you anytime!!!!
Sounds like you fellas are having a great time, all of the time! :cheers:

DoverPipes":3jebbdhu said:
Muddler":3jebbdhu said:
Dover, my role is to keep plying the boys with coffee & tobacco & test driving their pipes. It's a tough task but I keep working away at it.
I'll trade jobs with you anytime!!!!
Sounds like you fellas are having a great time, all of the time! :cheers:
Dover... just to rub it in bro.... I was over Mudds place this afternoon doing just that!!

DoverPipes":akj4ogsf said:
Yes, I admit it. I'm jealous of you fellas in the RSA.
Ja, and I'm jealous of all the good tobacco at your finger tips right there in the US......

Kudos Piet! That's a lovely pipe there, bro. I checked out your artwork on you're webpage as well- awesome. Between pipes, art, archery, what else is there??

Well, at the least, beer and wild women. :twisted: Right, Peter?

UDAHMAN Piet! Olive the rest to the picture. congrats to Duke!

MisterE":8cbrt9ut said:
Kudos Piet! That's a lovely pipe there, bro. I checked out your artwork on you're webpage as well- awesome. Between pipes, art, archery, what else is there??
Fly fishing, hunting and growing Bonsai........... Sometimes Power kiting when the wind blows right!

Ron...... As an artist I do appreciate the fine curves, forms and lines of a woman, especially with a Castle in hand!!

pipetongue1":86omabwn said:
Piet, You should carve one of our annual Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club POY, As a matter of Fact I think I will start lobbying for you to do just that!!Ken
I second this motion. :bounce: