Piet OK?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolero

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at some older threads and saw a post of Piet's. Noticed he hasn't posted at all since like Nov 30 I think it was.
Almost two full weeks. That's not like him is it?

He's not the only one who hasn't been posting...a number of guys seem to have bailed, which is too bad. :scratch:

There were some people who (he says) started ragging on him via PM for posting too much, and that was it. He just unplugged.

No.. He'll be back...
Said he was going to take a breather..

Forums wax n wane.. A core group that post all the time mixed with the summer/winter crowd ( some folk seem to just reappear at certain times each year, i assume it has to do with other hobbies opening and closing in season but who knows) mixed with the visitors from other board and what i call the rollover.. ( those that come and post 50-500 times and just vanish.. I think the rolled over in bed and fell into a blackhole)

I hope he does come back! He has a jovial spirit and great enthusiasm.

I still see him regularly. He's been ill for a while now - first with severe dental problems & currently with a nasty virus. He did say he wanted to take some time out. He's had one heck of a year.

LL":q29nj9a6 said:
There were some people who (he says) started ragging on him via PM for posting too much, and that was it. He just unplugged.
Let's hope that anyone who would even consider busting a brothers chops in such a manner will think twice and refrain in the future...

gandalfpc":uz5kjszc said:
LL":uz5kjszc said:
Let's hope that anyone who would even consider busting a brothers chops in such a manner will think twice and refrain in the future...
I feel the same way, how anyone could harbor a bad thought about Piet is beyond me. He is one of the nicest guys here, and that's saying a lot considering the kind of people here; I've yet to meet anyone I haven't held in the highest regard. At any rate, I hope Piet is A-okay and enjoying the season, it's a good one for smokes and may his health not put a damper on him.

Muddler":s5eu9a8y said:
I still see him regularly. He's been ill for a while now - first with severe dental problems & currently with a nasty virus. He did say he wanted to take some time out. He's had one heck of a year.
Ouch, sorry to hear that.
Tell him we miss him.

It is their summer season now too. More time out doors. Away from the stupid computers. :lol: Piet, get over that virus. :santa:

Whoever is piet's santa throw some dayquil in the package... for Piet's sake!

Well, in-fighting is just part of forums, BoB is pretty low key compared to some that I frequent. All the same, us pipesters are supposed to be more intellectual and refined bunch, great thinkers like Sherlock and Albert. Although Sherlock did have a great left jab when he needed it.

Anyway, back to topic, hope Piet is on the mend. If anyone is in communications with him, give him my best.

I emailed him & pointed him to this thread. BTW, I was his Secret Santa. He got a bunch of his favourite tobaccos, a stogie & a David Johnson pen. No Dayquil. Maybe I should have slipped in a bottle of Jack Daniels. It might brighten him up a little!

Well sorry some left as it seems some of them were the same ones so welcoming here when I came and that included Piet. So not only wish some would come back, but also hope Piet is doing better soon and yes we miss some guys that don't or can't come back witch ever it is.

Skip

Wow, I must have missed all the hoopla.

I go by the edict of if you don't like what someone writes then don't read it and move on. I've had my share of flame wars, but now I ignore them.

Piet is one of the most generous giving all around people I've met, even if I've only known him for a short while.

Get well Piet and come back soon.

Hey Muddler I will pray for better health for our good Brother Piet.. I so miss his Charm and Cheer.. I consider him a foundation for goodwill here.. Wishing him good rest and productive outcomes in life.. Everyone needs healing and time away.. He try's so hard to keep up with everyone here.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

DoverPipes":hkfbgw7n said:
gandalfpc":hkfbgw7n said:
LL":hkfbgw7n said:
Not to start anything.....
Several guys bailed after the BS that started a few weeks ago in two separate threads. The general attitude of "don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out" was a little less than "Brotherly". It seemed it was a minor bit of sniping that got way out of hand. Sorry if that bothers anyone, but "thems da facts"............. :shock:
You are either reaching to make a connection to Piet, confused, or don't have the facts. Nothing Piet ever said or did was connected in any way with the (for lack of a better term) "censorship/moderation/behave yourself" dust-up that occurred around the same time.