Pipe makers blends in their pipes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the macdonald

Reaction score
There are a few pipe makers that also have their own brands and blends of tobacco. Besides Dunhill, does anyone smoke a pipe maker's blend in the pipe they made?

I have smoked Peterson Sweet Killarney, in a Peterson Pipe.

But the Pipe doesn't not make the Tobacco any better and the Tobacco doesn't make the Pipe any better.

But some other Tobaccos make the pipe better. Some Pipes make the tobacco better.

I've smoked Edgeworth Ready Rubbed--rebranded for sale as LL Bean's house tobacco--in an LL Bean pipe (mfd. by Briarcraft.)

A bit of a roundabout match, but I'm confident that hundreds of men of a finer era smoked the very same when they realized they'd forgotten their briar while stocking up on the way to Acadia or Rangely.

And if you've smoked anything from Sail, Orlik, Stokkebye, Escudo, Erinmore, or dozens of others in a new-model Stanwell, you're smoking 100% Scandinavian Tobacco Group products.

I know it's not quite the same--ST is an umbrella company--but it does give you an idea of how few major players there are in the pipe tobacco industry. Altria (Middleton), RJR (Lane), and ST/Swedish Match must easily control 95% of the pipe tobacco in the world.

I've smoked most of Nording's line (McC makes it) in some of his pipes. They're all a bit light for my tastes.