Pipe saves the day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petertschantz

Reaction score
We decided to take two of the grand-kids, a 4 year old boy and a 1 year girl, to the beach this weekend. We got a late start, GPS took us to a place that wasn't the hotel. Then the room hadn't been cleaned and we had to switch rooms (with the now tired and cranky kids). Took them down to the beach for a bit, in the dark, then finally got them to bed.

At this point, I was ready to be done with the beach (mountain boy myself). Took my eBay score Krona and a bowl of Bald Headed Teacher out on the balcony. Things got much better very quickly. The 4 yo came out on the balcony and we had a silly 4 year old conversation. Life was good again.

Now, I know how relaxing a pipe is. And I know how much I enjoy smoking mine. I guess I just didn't realize how quickly (around 3 months), the pipe had become such a powerful part of my life. Talking to my grandson, enjoying my favorite blend and listening to the surf sure got me back to enjoying life and the blessings I have been given.

Just wondered if you guys had had similar experiences. I'm pretty sure at least some of you have, and thought it would be cool to post about them. So share 'em if you got 'em!

Pete

"The 4 yo came out on the balcony and we had a silly 4 year old conversation. Just wondered if you guys had had similar experiences. "

Every day, except my silly 4 year old conversations are with 19 year old college students!
:lol:

Natch

i've taken to puffing as soon as i come home from work, out on the back deck by myself. now i'm not alone. my teenage daughters have wandered back there to sit and talk. it's a funny thing, if i would have invited them, they would have never come.

yeah bruins, teenage girls are like that :D

been a bit since mine were living at home, so enjoy it while you can!

Had I known how attracted teenage girls seem to be to pipe tobacco I would have started smoking pipe when I was 10.. :twisted: :twisted:

puros_bran":k7fnsrce said:
Had I known how attracted teenage girls seem to be to pipe tobacco I would have started smoking pipe when I was 10.. :twisted: :twisted:
it's the bad boy image. you know, the philosopher pipe smoker their father's warned them about.

petertschantz":n1arz5cx said:
"Oh, now he's a philosophizer." - White Goodman (Dodgeball)
i'll have to think on what that means. wait, let me grab the pipe...

remember, don't just think about it (while smoking a pipe), offer up commentary for the less educated (sounding) masses. I like to point condescendingly with the pipe as well

:D :D

nothing make SWMBO's eyes roll faster than that!

petertschantz":8k3xld5n said:
remember, don't just think about it (while smoking a pipe), offer up commentary for the less educated (sounding) masses. I like to point condescendingly with the pipe as well

:D :D

nothing make SWMBO's eyes roll faster than that!
yes! pointing with the pipe. also, at the end of every statement, you must remove the pipe from your mouth and proclaim, "In theory..."

very good!

Personally, I like to give a long (and often winding) pronouncement, punctuated with many pauses for puffing. Then at the end of the soliloquy, point with the stem and remind my listener that 'this is all just a theory, of course'

Typing this made me realize why I don't get asked many questions

:)

working like a charm

petertschantz":7vlv2cy7 said:
very good!

Personally, I like to give a long (and often winding) pronouncement, punctuated with many pauses for puffing. Then at the end of the soliloquy, point with the stem and remind my listener that 'this is all just a theory, of course'

Typing this made me realize why I don't get asked many questions

:)

working like a charm
yeah, me neither. mostly i get heckled.

I understand completely. SWMBO has developed the ability to roll her eyes so far back that the just go on around...

:D

Those eys roll so fast it looks like a slot machine on crank ehh boys....lol

Just hope 3 cherrys don't come up...
I don't even want to imagine where the payout would come from...lol

I have had many similar moments of bliss, relaxation, and contemplation with my pipe and with my 2 little girls.

-Andrew

adauria":djwv2hkw said:
I have had many similar moments of bliss, relaxation, and contemplation with my pipe and with my 2 little girls.

-Andrew
andrew, you come and go. you're gone for awhile and then here you are! where do you go? you're the reason i joined this damn forum in the first place...you must be a busy man.