Pipes for fathers Day

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosenhoj

Reaction score
Gentlemen;

Anyone get a pipe for Fathers Day?

"There's a story behind every bowl"

I tell everyone NOT to give me pipes for ANY occasion,,,,they don't know what I like, and if I told them they wouldn't understand anyway,,,I explained a pipe has to "speak" to me,,,my daughter looked at me like I was from Mars,,,,

Waiting for my "big piece of chicken",,,, :lol!:

Ya same here but this was the one i had been looking at an holding at the shop for a long time and she surprised me with it.

Happy Fahters Day, everybody.

In Germany, Fathers day has been on June, 02.. That wasn´t the reason, but I visited one of the carvers here in Berlin on Mai, 31. and bought two pipes for my wife, while she bought three for me (she won). I´ll shoot some photos next week.

cool that your wife smokes a pipe, mine tried but got tung bite once and gave up

Sort of, I won an David Jones last week. The wife commandeered the mail delivery and gave it to me this AM.
We saw "Rain" last night in VA and I bought a '79 MGB on Saturday. Quite a weekend......

Got a new Wiley freehand!
wiley2.png

Wow, congrats guys! No pipes here, but the kids cleaned their room up- just about as good! You dad´s know what I mean too... 8)

Schacht":m879cmsd said:
Happy Fahters Day, everybody.

In Germany, Fathers day has been on June, 02.. That wasn´t the reason, but I visited one of the carvers here in Berlin on Mai, 31. and bought two pipes for my wife, while she bought three for me (she won). I´ll shoot some photos next week.
You don't seem too upset over your "loss" :lol:

Natch

How lucky a guy am I? My wife and children completely shocked me with this beautiful Brad Pohlman pipe! Seems my wife, my good buddy Hank from the club and Brad were all in co-hoots unbeknownst to me. How great a present is that, not to mention how great a wife and two great friends I have! I am still in shock. Engraved with our initials to boot!

Lou

skaukatt":b81mfekn said:
How lucky a guy am I? My wife and children completely shocked me with this beautiful Brad Pohlman pipe! Seems my wife, my good buddy Hank from the club and Brad were all in co-hoots unbeknownst to me. How great a present is that, not to mention how great a wife and two great friends I have! I am still in shock. Engraved with our initials to boot!

Lou

Wow. That's a great look.
I'm picky about my few possessions and my pipes are a luxury. I'm on the journey of pairing my belongings down to 100 items. (Went from about 100 books down to a Kindle.)
I bough myself two estate pipes from periqueguy last week (they were beautiful) and SWMBO considered that my Father's Day gift. I have a whopping 5 pipes - that seems to be my limit for now.
Kids did the breakfast and card. Good enough for me.

Didn't get a new pipe, but my wife did manage to sneak 8oz of Penzance and 6oz of Blakeneys Best Baked Bayou Slice into my stash yesterday!

that is a very handsome pipe, what a nice touch from your wife. Thats one pipe that will never leave the nest.
WaydeG said:
skaukatt":sfgj0nwn said:

Lou

skaukatt":4xdsnumm said:

Lou
Lou, THAT takes the cake! Awesome, and what a great way to acquire a fine pipe!

My wife and children regularly want me to quit so there is no chance of ever getting a pipe as a gift from them. They're probably right but I've ignored the pleas for 38 years now.