Pipeworks & Wilke Nut Brown Burley

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottbtdmb

Reaction score
Got an oz sampler bag from Carole today along with my order of a 1/2 pound of the #10 mixture. Tried out the NBB this evening and really like it a lot. It is definitely not on the same level as Peretti Somerset Slices or Solani ABF, but it is a really nice medium Burley with no casing, not to mention it has a wonderful aroma! Anyone else smoke the NBB before?

-Scott

Nope, thanks for sharing, Sounds alot like like C&D Safe Harbor Flake, if you like NNB, I am sure you will enjoy the C&D just as much!
give it a bash sometime!

NBB is an excellent burley. I find it a bit sweeter than Peretti's 333 and alternate between the two. Can't make up my mind which I like better.

I agree with mycroft, and enjoy them both but find Peretti's 333 a bit less sweet. When I want a "basically" straight cubed burley (yes, there is some cavendish in it, but it's way in the background) with a touch of honey topping, I really enjoy Uhle's #300. It's the sweetest of the three, but a wonderful, simple smoke in a MM cob on a hot day.

Natch