Pirate's Booty! One Hundred Pieces of Treasure!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's that out yonder? Smee? Be that a sail I see out there? Say...scamper up the riggin' to the nest and take the glass with ye! Is that a ship out there? See if you can make out any details!

Men! Look lively now, then, there, yet! Whatever!!!  We might have another prize on our hands! Stand by yer guns! An the rest o'you lubbers...up into the sails and be ready to add some cloth...we might have a merry chase ahead!!!

:pirate:

Arouses from his slumber and wipes the boogers from his eyes. A ship you say? Reaches for his well oiled musket. I'm ready sir!

Blackhorse":fi9y1x72 said:
What's that out yonder? Smee? Be that a sail I see out there? Say...scamper up the riggin' to the nest and take the glass with ye! Is that a ship out there? See if you can make out any details!

:pirate:
She doesn't plow the water like a ship filled with as fragrant a hold as the last ship, Captain.  Still, there be some interesting looking crates on deck, and I'm sure she'll be a worthy prize! Shall we fire a shot across her bow and break out the cutlasses?

:pirat:

Blackhorse":r79sqlxa said:
What be 'er flag, Smee? Be she a pirate...priveteer...or is she maybe a Spaniard?  Or a Dutch ship, maybe loaded with prized clays???
Dutch, my Captain!  But from her course, sailing back from New Amsterdam!  There should be a good assortment of booty

Arrr! I like the sound o'that Mr. Smee!

Let's take a closer look 'ere. Hmmm. I ain't never heard o'no merchantmen that stacked their cargo up topside, eh? All those crates though...nice bait, eh Smee?

And I surely don't see much in the way o'crew about neither. Wait! Lookee there at those crates...close like, with yer glass, Smee! See all them holes drilled into the sides o'the crates! I think they be just a wee bit too eager to be boarded...they're not runnin' with the wind, just wallowin' like...but they's got plenty o'cloth, if they wanted to run. And they haven't got enough men topside to handle the main'sls and jibs to put 'er in position to rake us. So where is all the rest o'her crew got to...I ask ye that, Smee?

Hah! I knows what she be up to!  Mr. Klutz! You'n the rest o'yer Musketeers stand ready, but below the rail, all sneaky like. You gunners down below... lock n'load with chain n'grapeshot! We'll ease along side all friendly like - then on my word - blast those crates to smithereens! Aye! THAT be the thing!!!  We'll just SEE what's in them crates!

Well, crew, you heard the Captain! (Aye, I be sure he knows what he's doing). Follow orders if ye want booty!

(peeking over crow's nest)

I can see their colors are struck, Captain! But I can't see what's going on down on the decks for all the smoke!

Magnificently commanded, as usual, sir! :pirat: 

*Sights down gun sights* Well, cap'n, looks like the ship is stove to. Rudder lines are cut. It aint goin anywear now.

Oh my!  Lookee there, those crates are just splinters now. Good shootin' lads.

Um, why not take a few other mates over there Mr. Klutz, an just tip whatever's left o'those crates overboard. And swab off the deck good so we're not slippin' about in all that! There must o'been twenty or thirty inside there...just waitin' for us! What a mess!

Smee...take a select bunch, well armed, and check out the hold and see what's down there, if you please. None too dainty like...no point any o'us being stuck on the pointy end of a cutlass, eh?

(calling up)

Ain't nothin' livin' no more in the bilge, Captain, barrin' the rats! Can I come topside now?

Of course, Mr. Smee! And while you're at it...why not have yer lads tote up those sealed cases there in the corner? Let's us see what these scurvy naves was being so sneaky to hide from us, eh?

Open 'em up and let's just see what they be.

Sorry sir, got distracted by the ringin of one of those newfangled telephones. I didnt find anything but a bunch of oily rags.

There they be, Captain! I took a peek as ordered, and overall I think ye'll be pleased! Something that you and the crew can use, I'm sure. Well, except for one box that was a trap . . . looked like they mixed a lot of gun powder in with some Mixture 79 and left over Captain Black cherry. I don't if they were trying to improve it or hoping to have it blow up on any unsuspecting users.

That's fine Mr. Klutz. Smee has the hold secured...good job with cleanin' up topside, there. Quite the mess, eh?

And Mr. Smee... Yes, I see what you mean! Dump that bale o'Gunpowder Black over the side. We'll have none of that here.

Have yer boys put the other chests snug down in our hold...where a right cargo should be! Very nice, that, we'll get t'that in proper time, we will.

Have the rest of these dandies skuttle this here ship where she lay. With all the splinters and the bale o' gunpowder blend and the other flotsom & jetsom...she'll look like her magazine lit up and we'll have no witnesses to our little game here.

Then back to stations and underway, as yer able gents.

That be all.

A REQUEST TO THOSE SENDING IN BOXES:

One of y'all sent me a 'packing list' divided up into the proper categories via PM...which I quickly copied to a WORD doc and saved in Office for Android.

It would be greatly appreciated if all of you would do the same!!!

Once you're all packed and ready to go...just send me a list of the ten items...you have NO idea how much time it will save me...but I do!  

Thanks!