POLL: Do you smoke cigarettes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I am a bit surprised at the results so far. I'll admit, cigarette smoking is just a quick and easy way to get my nicotine fix, but there are some brands that are enjoyable. You wont find them at a 7-11 store, but RYO brands like Five Brothers, Model (House of Windsor) even the old Sobranie Black Russians are a good change of pace. I end up smoking Marlboro Reds since it takes too much time to roll my own. Strangely, Model is (or was) marketed as tobacco for both a pipe or cigarette. I rolled-up a tin of Orlik Golden Sliced once and found it enjoyable. But like Lesath put it...

in the grand scheme of things, to each his own
take care,

fumo bro

Used to, but not no mo'. Smoked 'em everyday since I was about 15 until 6 months or so ago I guess.

I used to smoke all the brands at one point or another, but eventually realized they all suck and started rolling my own. I used to like Peter Stokkebeyes amsterdam shag...was damn tasty for a cigarette.

Now I just smoke my pipe and vape Mrs T's Bakery Essentials chocolate hazlenut toffee or new watermelon e-juice out of a Joye Ego PV. :D

Tried a couple puffs of one of my old man's pal mals a few weeks ago and it was flat out nasty. I do miss the idea of cigarettes a little, but not the reality of them.

+1 Absolutely abhor the smell of cigs. I think that is a universal statement for men who love a pipe and the occasional cigar. We are a breed apart and like to keep it that way.

2 or 3 times a week I'll twist up some PA or G&H Kendal Kentucky.
Big stress days, roll some G&H Dark Birds Eye, that will darn sure cure ya of what ails ya!

Tailor-made cigs ... nope.

Tried to be cool in high school and pretended to smoke a few packs back in the '60s, but never enjoyed or ever really inhaled. Only pipes and the occasional cigar for the past 40+ years.

Natch

Yep.

Marlboro Red shorts, American Spirit regulars, Lucky Strike unfilters, and Fortuna.

I have never smoked cigarettes, but the smell does not offend me. Funny, but the most adamant anti-cigarette smokers seem to be, based on my personal experience, former cigarette smokers.

Although my consumption has dropped to one per day, I do still have to toss myself in with the cigarette smoking crowd, since I just can't seem to shake that morning butt.
I started with Dunhill Special Reserve, then switched to Players, DuMaurier, and finally Export A before settling on my current brand, Canadian Classics (well, not counting my early 20's, when I was a poor university student, and would often settle for a pouch of Drum).

NO WAY

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pipes or Cigars only

Smoked a pack a day for about 10 years. Stopped as a result of a New Years resolution January of 2010. 5 months in, to satisfy the slight urge to smoke cigarettes, I went into the local drug store and purchased a corncob and some pipe tobacco. 25 - 30 pipes later, I've never looked back.

I think there is a major difference between smoking a pipe versus smoking cigarettes. For me smoking a pipe and all the add-ons that go with it (acquiring new pipes & trying new tobacco) is a relaxing and enjoyable HOBBY. Smoking cigarettes is mildly pleasurable but no where near as pleasurable as pipe smoking. It's more of an addiction than anything else. I also can't see anyone ever referring to cigarette smoking as a hobby. Most people I know want to quit but can't.

I still smoke nails,(Pall Mall reds), I know that American cigs are junk, and the European brands are a lot better, but the price is way too much now.

Was smoking 3 packs a day of Pall Malls, quit in 1975, haven't smoked a cigarette since.

I probably smoke a pack or two per year. I used to like clove cigarettes, but American Spirits and Lucky Strikes (unfiltered) are pretty good.

Not here. The lingering smell of cig smoke is very unappealing... Something about it, just seems to stick on everything.

The occasional clove cigarette--very occasional it seems, since my last pack clearly dates to before the ban, and I seem to have 18 cigarettes remaining. I smoke them like I do pipes and cigars: no inhaling. Some people seem to consider that a tremendous waste, but if it's good enough for pipes and cigars, then I figure it's good enough for cigarettes, too.