POLL: Do you smoke cigarettes?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I used to smoke Djarums without the filter on occasion. But now I can't find them anywhere. Have they really been banned? Why?

fumo bro":kultorsg said:
Years ago I used to smoke Djarums without the filter on occasion. But now I can't find them anywhere. Have they really been banned? Why?
They were made illegal because of something like them appealing to minors. So Djarum went and made them into filtered "cigars" a little more leaf, a few less smokes per pack and and bigger price tag.

Pipes and Cigars only. My wife smoke cigarettes and I hate the smell. I can be asleep :sleep: and she can go to the other side of the house and light up :evil: and the smell will immediately wake me up. :x

I guess this thread isn't going to bolster the self-esteem of cigarette smokers, and my contribution to it won't either. Have to agree with most of the others: don't smoke them, can't stand them.

jacko":oz6c6q84 said:
Not here. The lingering smell of cig smoke is very unappealing... Something about it, just seems to stick on everything.
Hey Jacko - was just wondering what Province you're living in. I really like your selection of Italian pipes! I agree with your assessment of cigs.

Doc Manhattan":6wbbeqva said:
I smoke the odd roll-up cigarette, mostly when I have a stressful situation that I know will have very short breaks.

I have a small supply of Daughters & Ryan shag (back when they still made cigarette tobac) jarred up for that purpose.

Commercial cigarettes are not for me, though.
Now there's a company that I miss. They made some phenomenal cigarette baccy! Their Ramback was pure gold.

I'm still on the little sticks, though it is less and less since I broke out the pipes and got back into it.

I smoked Cigs for 19 years, but I am happily free of them for the last 871 days. I stopped on a dime and never looked back. 18 months later I took up the pipe and am glad I did.

I personally dislike the odor of them, but I can tolerate it more than most non-smokers.

Yes, still a cig smoker. Each day I say that I am going to quit.. and then I wake up and grab one..

I smoke a bummed cig once in a while when out (i don't enjoy them any more), like when a cigar and now a pipe would take too long.

25 years up 3 packs a day, mostly Winston and Newports before switching to cigars and this year the pipe.

My 1st cig was a Salem stolen from an aunt, i was so sick and out of breath and thought i was going to die (till another the next day that is).

Later, John.

No cigs for me. I can't stand them, I had thought I was in the minority with that opinion but I guess not.

Yes have smoked non-filter Camels for years.Have slowed down to a couple a day. Still enjoy them first thing in the morning and after a meal.

Jimmy1973":a2rjgig3 said:
Still enjoy them first thing in the morning and after a meal.
That's the killer for me. I have tried quitting a few times but it's the first thing in the morning and after meals that gets me. I tried an electronic cigarette over the weekend - inhaling only nicotine and steam - at least it's "healthier" than cigs. The bad thing about smoking cigs is that they weaken my sense of smell. Currently, I noticed that I am having difficulties in enjoying the subtleties between various blends. When Margate starts to taste like 965, it is time to quit smoking cigs.

I gave up cigs by smoking a pipe. Healthier maybe. I gave up snuff by smoking cigs. I figured I'd rather rot from the inside than watch my lip and jaw fall off. The only time I smoke cigs anymore is when my helper forgets to roll down his window in the work van.

I don't smoke cigarettes, but I would like to get some various Stokkebye shags. I've been dying for a good Turkish tobacco cigarette like you used to find in unfiltered Turkish ovals in the white boxes. I hope Stokkebye hasn't stopped making their Turkish blend. They have a couple others I remember liking quite a bit. Anyone want to sell me an ounce or two? Or know where I can purchase some online?

Zeno Marx":vpvi113d said:
I don't smoke cigarettes, but I would like to get some various Stokkebye shags. I've been dying for a good Turkish tobacco cigarette like you used to find in unfiltered Turkish ovals in the white boxes. I hope Stokkebye hasn't stopped making their Turkish blend. They have a couple others I remember liking quite a bit. Anyone want to sell me an ounce or two? Or know where I can purchase some online?
Are you referring to Peter Stokkeby's Turkish Export that comes as a shag? I recently seen a can (10 oz) of it at the local smoke shop. If this is what you are looking for, let me know and I can arrange to send you a can. It is a bit pricy - around $45 I think. I have three sealed cans of it myself that I keep for my personal collection - because most smoke shops no longer carry it. I think the local smoke shop no longer gets a new supply - I think the cans they have on stock have been sitting on the shelf for a while - but it should smoke fine from a sealed can. Let me know if you are interested - I am always willing to help a brother.

I love smoking cigarettes! But inhalation, which is magic, is, for me, inextricably bound to the burning, hurtful sensations aroused by it. Although I've smoked for some six periods of time since late high school, I always quit. I would quantify that as 80/20%.

I've smoked cigarettes off and on for many years with several cessation periods of eight to twelve years each. Stress caused me to restart each time. My wife keeps a generous supply by the keyboard and it's very handy to grab and light, but I went through a bout of bronchitis and quit smoking to lessen the coughing. Two weeks have passed since my last cigarette and I notice my nose has come to life, along with my tastebuds. I packed a short bowl of ribbon virginia around noon today (I don't inhale while smoking pipe) and found a lot of flavor I had been missing. A couple weeks of ordering something other than beer at the bar (beer and cigarettes just go together) and I won't miss them. Maybe I'll take a cob with me next time I'm out.

I'm quite new in the pipe world. I've been smoking for less than a year. Started with aromatic tobaccos (Davidoff Red Mixture and Mac Baren Vanilla Crean) and then some great English mixtures, which a liked at the first try.

Unlikely many pipe smokers, I'd never smoked cigarettes before. I was attracted by the pipe because of its incredible smell (mainly from aromatic tobaccos). Quite normal for non smokers.. It was a surprise for me that I liked non aromatic pipe tobaccos so easily. And I still can't stand cigarette smoke (not that much as before but I don't like it yet).