Porcelain Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Reaction score
dutch.gif
Have any of you had any expeience with porcelain pipes? I had one years ago but after a few smokes it seemed to develop a skanky taste so I got rid of it. Back then however I was strickly an aro's man so now I'm curious as to whether VaPers would do better. I always liked the shapes but now they seem to have become rare. Maybe because they're not so good of a smoke?

Falconer":a39xzbay said:
dutch.gif
Have any of you had any expeience with porcelain pipes? I had one years ago but after a few smokes it seemed to develop a skanky taste so I got rid of it. Back then however I was strickly an aro's man so now I'm curious as to whether VaPers would do better. I always liked the shapes but now they seem to have become rare. Maybe because they're not so good of a smoke?
Valky, I have looked at several of these over the past little while, but didn't know how they would smoke. I would bet that a VA or VaPer would probably be ok. Aro's seem to leave a skanky taste in anything to me anymore, but it might be worth a try for the VA's. I'd love to have one just for the nostalgia of it.

New Smoker":c9hgbac8 said:
Falconer":c9hgbac8 said:
dutch.gif
Valky, I have looked at several of these over the past little while, but didn't know how they would smoke. I would bet that a VA or VaPer would probably be ok. Aro's seem to leave a skanky taste in anything to me anymore, but it might be worth a try for the VA's. I'd love to have one just for the nostalgia of it.
When you do but two and I'll give you my address. :cheers: :santa:

Wish I would have known you were looking for them Valky I have seen a collection of literally thousands of them when I came across that Opium Pipe Lady. That door seems to be closed now however, so sorry.

St Fiacre":mr0hrn8i said:
Wish I would have known you were looking for them Valky I have seen a collection of literally thousands of them when I came across that Opium Pipe Lady. That door seems to be closed now however, so sorry.
And some doors a better kept closed! :roll:
thanks for the thought though, you're a saint!

1_dbfae7862d07b771ce9d98f86f954503.jpg
:scratch: Um yeah Mark thanks, but I was thinking a little more along these lines. Kansas ain't zactly the Alps! :D plus I'd probably break that thing in two places just climbing into my truck! :roll:

Here's what I've found since my original post on this topic...
Royal Danish Porcelain Pipes

<table border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=800><tr><td vAlign=top width=580>End of production
After about 15 years the factory ended the production in the middle of the 80’s.
The pipes had been selling okay but the market was decreasing. (Pipe) smoking had a difficult time all over the World. Many Danish pipe makers had problems with selling their pipes too – luckily not any more, since the pipe boom in the middle of the 90’s.
</td><td vAlign=top width=20></td><td vAlign=top width=200></td></tr><tr><td vAlign=top width=580>
</td><td vAlign=top width=20></td><td vAlign=top width=200></td></tr><tr><td vAlign=top width=580>
How to get a Royal Porcelain pipe?
If you are a passionate pipe collector and smoker, you should try one of these pipes. It’s an interesting alternative to the briar pipe – at least occasionally – just like at meerschaum pipe. In antique shops you can sometimes find one.
If you are really lucky you can also find single ones on flea markets or on estate pipe web sites. The pipes are seldom cheap. Already back in ’74 the white ones cost 165 Danish kroners (ca. 25 $), the blue hand painted 260 kroners (40 $) and the golden/brown 285 kroners (43 $) in the Danish pipe shops and tobacconists – but after all they were royal pipes.

Jakob Groth
</td><td vAlign=top width=20></td></tr></table>

Thanks again Mark, I see one, the Goede Waagen Made In Holland Pipe Porcelain that I just may make a bid on. Plus that porcelain monkey stand would make a great gift for a number of the BoB's. (Bruins) :monkey:

okay, I won this on Ebay for $8.50 so we'll see how it handles Vapers once I get it. It's from Holland and I'm Dutch so how can it go wrong? 8) One of those double walled ceramics.
CIMG1962.jpg

CIMG1966.jpg

CIMG1963.jpg

CIMG1981.jpg

Yep let us know how it smokes, could be quite interesting. I have heard that they get pretty hot, although the double wall might help somewhat :D

Waiting in anticipation to see how this pans out!!!
Smoke it first before you attempt to get in your truck with it Valky!!!!

I got the pipe yesterday but doubt now that I'll smoke it. the stem has a cork liner where it meets the shank and it's crumbling. Not a good fit anymore. the pipe looks good though. I think it's purdy old. I'll keep it for sentimental reasons. It was made in Holland!

Falconer":m4wzueuw said:
I got the pipe yesterday but doubt now that I'll smoke it. the stem has a cork liner where it meets the shank and it's crumbling. Not a good fit anymore. the pipe looks good though. I think it's purdy old. I'll keep it for sentimental reasons. It was made in Holland!
Go on brother cheese Head Dutch, do it for our bloodline man!!!!!!!
:cheers:

Piet Binsbergen":b1fuq49g said:
Falconer":b1fuq49g said:
Go on brother cheese Head Dutch, do it for our bloodline man!!!!!!!
:cheers:

In refering to me as "Cheese Head" he of course means Holland cheese, gouda, edam, friesekaas, Maasdam etc. I just wanted to clarify so those other Cheese Heads in Wisconsin before they start Badgering me about it's their state, not Kansas that's the official state of cheese in Merica. I love Wisconsin cheese too so you'll get no beef from me! No beef from me-kansas! Hey that's purdy darn funny. :lol!:

Yea Valky you are right, you are darn funny :cheers: :lol!:

Kaas Kop = Cheese head, a term we use here for Dutch folk like us!!!