Porcelain Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Falconer":lh6n7c8g said:
thank I.F.! I just may try that. I love the look of the pipe. I had one years ago but it broke. This has not been smoke yet and looks fairly old. I'll make post if I can get it repaired. Hobby lobby have the cork?
I was working at a music store at the time and used some that the repair shop used for clarinet joints. Hobby Lobby or maybe even Home Depot might have something usable. I used sheet cork but you could probably drill out a "bottle stopper" to the right size for the stem and turn it down to fit in the shank; I didn't think of that at the time.

Oke, ik werk er morgen als ik de tijd kan vinden. dankzij

You gotta love these translators! :cheers:

Gooten vergen er maasen doeer alkhemien turj enkeim. krauzi men!
Hah! I just made that jibberish up but you Mericans would never had known if I hadn't told you. 8)

Valky, I just put your jibberish into Google translate and it had a brain fart and closed the window. :shock:

New Smoker":kojd7rhz said:
Valky, I just put your jibberish into Google translate and it had a brain fart and closed the window. :shock:
That's too bad NS. I'd think it best to open windows after any fart. :suspect:

Harlock999":qljpy4ho said:
You guys are crackin me up! :lol:
Don't say Kracken around Bruins, It gives him the tendency to "head up" (to the roof) :lol!:

Falconer":nsebayog said:
Oke, ik werk er morgen als ik de tijd kan vinden. dankzij

You gotta love these translators! :cheers:

Gooten vergen er maasen doeer alkhemien turj enkeim. krauzi men!
Hah! I just made that jibberish up but you Mericans would never had known if I hadn't told you. 8)
Brilliant!!!!
Jibbesish as well!!!

This place just gets funnier by the day...........
Well done men!!!
you are a credit to my disgusting circle of friends!!!!! :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

Well, I took Idlefellows advice. I removed the old cork, drilled out a bottle stopper and twisted it on. Then cut away the excess and sanded it down to match the shank. It turned out very good. Quite snug. I don't think However that I'll be pulling it apart much. Now what tobacco should I try first? I'm leaning towards Uniflake or Solani 633.

Falconer":9azdbob9 said:
Well, I took Idlefellows advice. I removed the old cork, drilled out a bottle stopper and twisted it on. Then cut away the excess and sanded it down to match the shank. It turned out very good. Quite snug. I don't think However that I'll be pulling it apart much. Now what tobacco should I try first? I'm leaning towards Uniflake or Solani 633.
I suppose it makes sense to check all threads before posting in another.

smoked the Goede Waagen last night and again today. I must say I'm pleased. Last night I tried Solani 633 and today some Hamborger Veermaster. One thing kind of unigue about the double wall is it allows the hole to be directly dead center in the bottom of the bowl. This easily makes for a good draw and an even burn. I think the VaPers give a much better smoke in these porcelain pipes than aro's but that is just my opinion. Anyway this $8.50 purchase has turned out purdy darn good. I'll definately enjoy smoking it now and then. Plus it looks so cool in my cabinet along with my delft humidor! :cheers: Valky (aka now the Flying Dutchman, thanks to Bruins)

Dutchmen! ya gotta love em! 8)

Falconer":9bez25ob said:
smoked the Goede Waagen last night and again today. I must say I'm pleased. Last night I tried Solani 633 and today some Hamborger Veermaster. One thing kind of unigue about the double wall is it allows the hole to be directly dead center in the bottom of the bowl. This easily makes for a good draw and an even burn. I think the VaPers give a much better smoke in these porcelain pipes than aro's but that is just my opinion. Anyway this $8.50 purchase has turned out purdy darn good. I'll definately enjoy smoking it now and then. Plus it looks so cool in my cabinet along with my delft humidor! :cheers: Valky (aka now the Flying Dutchman, thanks to Bruins)

Dutchmen! ya gotta love em! 8)
Brother Dutch, the pipe is most fitting and I am glad it smokes well, in case no one knows where you are from, It Says Holland on the side of the pipe eh???
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Falconer":19fiqog4 said:
Neat looking pipe; cool jar too! Good job on the fix; I think you will enjoy the pipe.

Falconer":cne39kiq said:
Valky (aka now the Flying Dutchman, thanks to Bruins)
Try and pair it with this:

Flying Dutchman Cocktail

Ingredients
1.5oz gin
dash triple sec
lime

Instructions
Stir over ice cubes in a small highball glass. Squeeze a lime wedge over drink and drop into the drink.

bluedigital":3oil6fgs said:
Falconer":3oil6fgs said:

Flying Dutchman Cocktail

Ingredients
1.5oz gin
dash triple sec
lime

Instructions
Stir over ice cubes in a small highball glass. Squeeze a lime wedge over drink and drop into the drink.
:cheers: :cheers: :lol!:

bluedigital":udefuub4 said:
Falconer":udefuub4 said:

Flying Dutchman Cocktail

Ingredients
1.5oz gin
dash triple sec
lime

Instructions
Too much work BD.

Whisky receipt...
pour in shot glass and down it. pour another
:cheers:

Falconer":ebc60upt said:
Too much work BD.

Whisky receipt...
pour in shot glass and down it. pour another
:cheers:
I'm with you on that one :cheers: :cheers:

yeah, valky, that day i pm'ed you after having been in the barn too long, i didn't take a shot glass with me, was taking it straight from the bottle. that was a mistake. at least a shot glass keeps things in perspective... :D

bruins":hxy19u0o said:
yeah, valky, that day i pm'ed you after having been in the barn too long, i didn't take a shot glass with me, was taking it straight from the bottle. that was a mistake. at least a shot glass keeps things in perspective... :D
Funny boys,.......... bloody funny!!
I have nothing to add besides mixing beer and bourbon make the in laws quite tolerable on a Sunday afternoon!!