Post Turkey Smoke; What Did You Have?????

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Drag Free Drifter
Reaction score
Hmmm.... it's not even 2:00 Alaska time, so I haven't eaten yet... but a lot of you BoBers have... Well, what was your choice after the big meal? I am not sure what I am going to smoke yet, and I am enjoying the conundrum of it all. Let's hear what some of you guys smoked!

I went ALL OUT and straight for PA in an Ardor Fantasy Bulldog, sometimes you just gotta splurge :cheers:

For me, Uhle's Crushed White Burley in my uncle's old GBD Prince.

(Also took some hearty pinches of Hedges snuff--nothing finer for the digestion.)

just getting ready to head out to the garage now..Haddos in a savinelli author

We had a nice relaxed visit and dinner about 1:30 - the wife and I, our two granddaughters, two of my daughters and my mother. Watched a little football and then everyone went outside about 3 oclock for coffee and pie (it's California, the sky was slightly hazy, about 60 degrees). I passed on the pie (being a good boy) and instead had a nice bowl of Peretti's Thanksgiving Day in the Castello Collection billiard that Midnight Blues gave me. A wonderful smoke in a wonderful pipe surrounded by family. Truly a fine Thanksgiving 8)

Well, I didn't have any turkey, but after removing the feed bag I lit up a nice bowl of CAO Moontrance.

The Janitor

Cracked a tin of 1997 Christmas Cheer and smoked it an eagle claw meer gifted to me by that fine gent Winslow. Goooooood stuff.

Turkey, gibblet gravy and biscuits, sweet potatos, snap beans, corn casserole..........

John Middleton Walnut in a Ben Wade Danish Hand Model 200.

Traditional family poker game..........

Sipp'in Old Crow.....

More Walnut in the Ben Wade........

A fine Thanksgiving!

Mmmmmm....... Deep Fried Cajun Turkey, with a smorgasboard of other meats, breads, and vegtables. Washed down with a couple Tullamore Dews neat, and a bowl of Haddo's Delight outta my Peterson System! Talk about a Happy Thanksgiving :cheers:

-Drew

Just got in from the in-laws "Turkey Fest".
I started of the day with two cigars: Casa Magna followed by a Cifuentes Winter Blend cigar, then dinner.

After dinner, I had GLP Key Largo in my Peterson House Pipe. I then packed a large bowl of CAO / Dan Black Velvet (Thanks to Winslow) in a Sasieni 5 Dot. The night was perfect, good company, good food, and one hell of a smoker!!! :D LIFE IS GOOD!

Had a cigar instead, a Carlon Torano Exodus 1959...just figured it'd be easier to have a cigar whilst on a walk with the fiance...smoking a pipe calls for a quiet reflective atmosphere...not mindless chatter lol :santa:

After the big meal and we were back at home I lit up a bowl of Boswell's Countryside in a big Boswell bulldog. What a way to reflect on the day!

Nice relaxing day of gaming, smoking, and hanging out in my boxers. Bryzantium in a Rad Davis squat rhodesian.

I rose around 5:00 AM to find the wife and daughter gone. I became worried until I called and found them at Target fighting the crowds for "deals" on crap no one needs! Is this a great country or what?!?

So I filled my new Sasquatch bean-pot Churchwarden with a new mix I'm really enjoying these days (half G&H Louisiana Flake and half Lancers Slices, both cube cut and mixed). I love burley cubes and lament that some of the better Vas or other blends don't come in that form. So if you cut flakes (or in the case of Lancers or Marlin Flake, broken flake) with a scissors into 1/8" cubes, it's pretty close.

Sat by the fire in the woods and watched the world wake up.

Natch

Natch if you aren't already aware: Peter Stokkebye Cube Cut 'blend of air-cured toasted Burley leaves from Tennessee and aged red Virginias have been Cavendish pressed for 36 hours. The pressed cakes are cross cut to small squares for easy filing of the pipe and slow burning. Natural and mellow tobacco taste.' (from the product description on TR site)

A very affordable and even burning everyday smoke for me. I find a very slight apple-ish taste as though this might be very lightly cased. It's fairly monochromatic and the flavor isn't very complex, but it is fairly rich and very satisfying, a very good outdoors auto-pilot candidate.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=C&TID=2255

I too ate way too much, which, of course, was divine, and rounded the whole sha-bang out with a bowl of Blackwoods Flake in a Peterson system smooth 306. And today, after a monster turkey sandwich, topped with leftover green been casserole (you know, with cream of mushroom soup and those crispity onion things), I had a bowl of CAO/Dan Black Velvet (courtesy of Winslow) in a Boswell poker. Grandiose, it was.