Quantcast
  • ~ How to Use the New Software ~

Try logging in and if it is not accepting your password,, look to the bottom right corner of page for Contact Us and send a message.

Presbyterian Mixture

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

jhuggett

Administrator
Reaction score
I've never tried this blend but is it anything like Embarcadero?

ftrplt

Reaction score
JHUGS...Presby is one of my absolutely favorite "Oriental" blends. Just great Virginia and smooth Turkish/Oriental tobacco. No Lat Weed, perique, burley,cavendish, etc. If Mars ever gets it back in stock, their $8.65 price is the best I've found! Others are as high as $10/tin. :affraid: FTRPLT

jhuggett

Administrator
Reaction score
My plan is to cut down on experimental buys and bulk up on known likes but this one recently caught my eye. The only other Va/Oriental I've smoked is Embarcadero so it is my only yardstick. I'll probably wait until my next bulk order and pop in a tin.

JohnnyO

Reaction score
Very good stuff, not as smokey as many light english blends, and not as tasty as most oriental blends...I once heard someone say there is a small amount of syrian latakia in it, and I would have to agree, as to my nose it smells of latakia but tastes as if there isn't any...
I sure miss when they were $6 a tin a year or two ago :(

jhuggett

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, it was my understanding this was Latakia free. Hermit graciously offered to send me a sample so I'll be able to check it out soon.

ftrplt

Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge, Presby contains no Latweed. That said, neither does Embarcadero (another Va/Oriental fav of mine). However, I could swear there is a bit of Latakia in Embarcadero...my pipe-smoking buds say it's just the pungency of the Turkish/Oriental tobaccos in the blend. Same could be said for Presby's piquent aroma! When I stray from my Latweed blends; these are the two I turn to. :pipe: FTRPLT

jhuggett

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I received my sample from Hermit. Thanks Hermit!

I'm glad I didn't order any as it just isn't for me. If there isn't any Latakia in this mixture, there is some other kind of smoke cured weed that doesn't agree with me. That campfire smell and taste at best puts me off and at worst makes me nauseated.

jhuggett

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol:

It didn't nauseate me but I have a hard time finding any enjoyment. I keep hoping to over come this affliction of mine so I continue trying. I do the same thing with liver, every once in a while I'll give it a try again. Still makes me gag though.

Puff Daddy

Staff member
Reaction score
Try Cairo and Patriot flake, good Va bases, light but interesting Orientals, no latakia!! :pale: ;)

puros_bran

Reaction score
jhuggett":s1k4c0ln said:
:lol:

It didn't nauseate me but I have a hard time finding any enjoyment. I keep hoping to over come this affliction of mine so I continue trying. I do the same thing with liver, every once in a while I'll give it a try again. Still makes me gag though.

latakia..
liver....
ladys....

they all do ya that way huh champ...

Puff Daddy

Staff member
Reaction score
With friends like us, who needs enemies, eh Huggie? :evil: :lol:

jhuggett

Administrator
Reaction score
It's only funny cuz it's true. :lol:

Although I did have quite a weekend. :p

Hermit

Reaction score
jhuggett":ln2qtrmu said:
Well I received my sample from Hermit. Thanks Hermit!

I'm glad I didn't order any as it just isn't for me. If there isn't any Latakia in this mixture, there is some other kind of smoke cured weed that doesn't agree with me. That campfire smell and taste at best puts me off and at worst makes me nauseated.
You're welcome.
I'm glad it finally arrived; it took a whole week.
People argue about whether or not it contains latakia.
I like it, but it's not a favorite.

I'm glad I could save you from ordering a tin. :lol:

Puff Daddy

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the best samples I ever received were of tobaccos I didn't like - saved me a lot of money whereas the ones I like cost me in the long run :|

Natch

Reaction score
Great logic, PD! Plus, when I get a sample of a blend I don't particularly care for, it saves me the money (and angst) of actually paying for it myself and then not smoking it.

Natch