Prince Albert

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justpipes":inoowdcl said:
adauria":inoowdcl said:
It's the only tobacco I've ever purchased in "bulk" (a tub is bulk by my standards). Great stuff and a go to smoke for me. In fact, I am using it to break in my new Brissett poker!

-Andrew
PA is outstanding for breaking in new pipes!
I have to agree!

Incidentally, burley friends, the Middleton burleys are all back in stock at WV Smokeshop after the pre-April selldown.

Doc Manhattan":9dghtpiu said:
Incidentally, burley friends, the Middleton burleys are all back in stock at WV Smokeshop after the pre-April selldown.
I saw that a tub of PA is still a bargan @ $16 + change.

mark":kak0bzm2 said:
Notice the tobacco tax for new york residents?,,
The crazy thing is, with the additional NYC general sales tax and municipal tobacco taxes--and P&C's very fair prices--it's still cheaper to mail order from Albany.

(Of course, it's a tax on NY *shipments*, and I have a long-suffering girlfriend with a CT address... 8) )

i've tried my best to like this tobacco, but I really don't get it. I don't get any flavor off of it; furthermore, I get some kind of aftertaste, kinda soapy, kinda like PG found in commercial cigarettes.

I've had many pipe smokers send me samples to help me discover this tobacco, but nothing...

I've always had a soft spot for PA.....Great smoke, especially in the summer.....I've found that Carter Hall is a bit tastier to me, but both are great stuff...Especially for breaking in a new pipe....

Texas Outlaw":w9aldkxi said:
i've tried my best to like this tobacco, but I really don't get it. I don't get any flavor off of it; furthermore, I get some kind of aftertaste, kinda soapy, kinda like PG found in commercial cigarettes.

I've had many pipe smokers send me samples to help me discover this tobacco, but nothing...
This echos my thoughts as well... I've tried it numerous times in many different pipes, from cobs to meers to high grade briars. I just don't get it, I get very little flavor, it's almost like smoking air except it leaves my throat hurting afterwards... my guess is similar to Texas Outlaw, I think they use a heavy amount of PG. The only good thing is PA burns great, probably because of the heavy amount of of PG. I gave away my last 2-3ozs... I can firmly say I'd probably quit smoking my pipes if this was the only tobacco available to me.

I don't think I ever tried it,I get to smoke 3 bowls a night and I have many glass
jars with premium weed so........I do like Solanis aged Burley Flake which is a bit
pricey but I treasure my smoking time and want good weed. :)

Winslow :sunny:

Texas Outlaw":43igluyw said:

Maybe it's too much whiskey killing your taste buds TO! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Justpipes":o4rao1c2 said:
Texas Outlaw":o4rao1c2 said:

Maybe it's too much whiskey killing your taste buds TO! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or those jalapenos I had for dinner; a brotha got to get his Vitamin C!

Seriously I spent 187 at the health store. :cry:

Strongirish":a4nojlgk said:
This tobacco is also biteless and makes a good all day smoke. It almost smokes itself it stays lit so well and burns all the way to the bottom. Breaks in and builds cake well too. Good stuff!
Me too, what he said. A good puff.
Jayf

TO you might try either CH or SWR many like one of these even if they dont care for PA

I smoke a fair bit of all the codger burleys. PA, SWR, CH, H&H, they are all good for this old fart. Another plus for PA that I discovered is that it has never failed to remove a ghost from an estate pipe in four or five smokes and never left one of it's own.

Highstump":g0mj4chm said:
I smoke a fair bit of all the codger burleys. PA, SWR, CH, H&H, they are all good for this old fart. Another plus for PA that I discovered is that it has never failed to remove a ghost from an estate pipe in four or five smokes and never left one of it's own.
I'm with Jim on this issue. I usually agree w/ his choices about 98% of the time any way. I may only differ in that I prefer 5Bros to exorcise any previous pipe demons, and then I turn to PA for the caking and base flavor. W/o creating any dissension in the codger ranks, I also like Velvet and, lately, Granger is experiencing a resurrection in my pipes.

it's an amazing American favorite. I go half CH and half Prince Albert a lot. You can always sprinkle a little latakis in the CH - seems to be good with anything.

I keep a pouch of PA around and like it in the morn with that first cup of joe. It also goes good with cola and I like the tounge tickle. It's great for innatentive smoking when putzing in the garage as it is hard to smoke wrong. Just stuff and light. I also like to roll a cig with it now and then too.

Yes, it's a mild burley but it has body and some sweetness.