Puffers Pipes Tobacco No More

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer8

Reaction score
Just looking on pufferspipes.com and saw that they are discontinuing all hand blended tobaccos as of May 1. :x Being on a Burley kick as of late I was going to order a sampler, but now I'm thinking if I like them too much I won't be able to get any more! Guess I'll have to try different blends elsewhere.

I believe these blends are available through 4Noggins, in bulk, as John Patton's blends. He recently announced that 4Noggins had asked to market his blends.

If you are unfamiliar with 4Noggins, you can rest assured that Rich is a fine gentleman and a pleasure to do business with. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
shootist51

Oh well, maybe Peritti's??
I've never tried any of their tobaccos, I'll have to get an order together.

I believe these blends are available through 4Noggins, in bulk, as John Patton's blends. He recently announced that 4Noggins had asked to market his blends.
Now that you mentioned it , I do remember seeing that some time ago. Not having ordered from either site before, it must have slipped my mind.

Thanks for the info!!!

I was gifted two, 8 oz. sealed tins of Peritti's in the Secret Santa last winter, and both are quite good. The #500 blend is just about as stout a tobacco as I've had in a long time; good flavor, well balanced, but knock your sox off kind of strong. Their quality is very nice and both are what I would call a "wild" cut, not at all a flake or broken flake. Give them a try, although not in same vain as the burly based pufferspipes blends. I've been smoking all seven of the pp offerings over the past few months and they seem to have grown on me.

Natch

Have you tried Affordable Pipes. Guy's Bluegrass Medley and Guy's Favorite are very good.

NO, Rev Puffer hand made his own blends and John Patton does his own. They are not one and the same at 4Noggins. I know both men very well. John does have some very good blends though.