Quite an interesting pipe night!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMITHENHALS

Reaction score
So I went out on the patio to smoke a bowl of Exhausted Rooster (thanks EJ!), and read a few Sherlock holmes stories last night. I always take my .22 rifle out with me in case any of the neighborhood cats come roaming in my vegetable garden to relive themselfs. About half way throught the bowl I felt something brush against my arm, and to my surprise there stood a large raccoon standing on his back legs between me and the loaded rifle with his front feet on the arm of my chair! I didn't know what to do so I sat there motionless staring at him, after a few seconds he sniffed at the air then slowly wondered away. Quite an interesting pipe night!

:lol!: Man you handled that real well. I am afraid if that had been me there would have been an aroma in the air of something more than pipe tobacco. Those things can be real mean. :twisted:

Yeah, I have seen the mean side of them many times, that's why I was hesitant about moving. People in the neighborhood feed them so they go from house to house looking for hand outs.

As long as he didn't start to talk to you you'll be ok....... :bounce: :sunny:

regor":swwbiet5 said:
As long as he didn't start to talk to you you'll be ok....... :bounce: :sunny:
Now that would have made an even better story!

:lol!:

I thought for sure you were going to tell us how he asked you if that was syrian or cyprian latakia and does it come in pounds?

If he had started talking to you I would question what that tobacco was laced with!! :lol:

Considering most racoons don't behave that way I might have plugged him. Distemper makes a racoon look mighty friendly. We used to hunt them with Blue Tick Hounds and Treeing Walkers growing up. They would tear in to a dog when cornered. We even had one we raised from a baby as a pet. That was really fun. We couldn't take him near the dog lot, though.

Thanks for posting your experience! Last fall a wind storm blew down a den tree not far from the house and I haven't seen the little buggers since then. I really miss seeing them. I also miss going to the annual coon supper in Gillette, AR. It's a little too far from where I live now. Here's some photos of the event if you're not familiar with it. Benefit Supper Photos

Jim

PS- Nice shot Mrs. Natch!

Ol'Dawg":h92pwa2o said:
I also miss going to the annual coon supper in Gillette, AR. It's a little too far from where I live now. Here's some photos of the event if you're not familiar with it. Benefit Supper Photos

Jim
Man, I would like to attend that event!