R.I.P. Fatman (10-26-1962) to (10-11-2016)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatman

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
He was a jolly sort, full of life and giving. Little did he know that his untimely demise was sooner then he thought. Upon arriving home from a long day of flipping protons, he discovered a box on the doorstep. Being the unsuspecting sort, he took to inspecting it, there was no return address. Just a non descript address label. Given his penchant for late night alcohol fueled EBAY fun, there was no telling what it was.

What was in the box was an intricate bomb, with a note inside:

Seems like the notorious Butcher of BoB struck again! I am posting this for the deceased, in hopes that the intrepid folks of BoB are able to ferret out the Butcher, and bring them to JUSTICE!!!!

I was able to gather up the non radioactive portions of the wreckage and share them in a picture, hopefully it will provide some clues.

Sadly the only thing left of the Fatman, was a message he scrawled out on the front steps, with his trusty roll of Tums.

So all you warriors of BoB, AVENGE him, and bring the dastardly Butcher to JUSTICE!!

Dont scare me like that Fatman! I took it seriously for a second until i read the post through. You never know these days...

Anyhow, bravo on the stealth bomber, and enjoy dat, FM!

Tell me about the Bacchanalia once you've tried it. Im curious. :cheers:

MisterE":q4yvjcwk said:
Dont scare me like that Fatman! I took it seriously for a second until i read the post through. You never know these days...

Me, too! I was distraught for a min there until I read the thread...

Old Nate":jzozao7y said:
MisterE":jzozao7y said:

Me, too! I was distraught for a min there until I read the thread...
AMEN!

8)

Cheers,

RR

+3.

Heart rate and dread now subsiding.

Ok, back to the issue in hand....

Mmm, dastardly doings indeed. Great target of course! Well played The Butcher...

Lead pipe, in the library....?????!!!!

Knock all that circle jerk crap off... We have a murder on our hands.
Have someone from the precinct run up the extra coffee pot, a fan, our blood pressure medicine, and a turkey sammich.. We are gonna be here a minute.

What we know.
1. He likes happy people.. So I'm safe. Strictly doing this to help you asshats.
2. He uses a fountain pen.
3. He has crappy penmanship
4. ??

Holy Schnitzel! Fracking excellent! A mystery afoot! Ahem, I mean, what a travesty! Of all the no good .......

Resorting to using antacids as a cry for help. Poor guy. And to think his best years of his life lay ahead of him. Such a sad state of affairs. Won't someone bring his assassin to justice?

Don't scare us like that Fatman, I too was freaking out until I read the content of your post.

To the Butcher, you chose an excellent target, I can't think of a more suitable victim.

Cheers all

Tim

Um...can we like get a totally hot CSI assigned to the case? One we could work CLOSELY with. You know...in a really Trump kind of way.

(This post does not specify gender so as to avoid accusations of objectification of women. No one respects women more than I do. Ask anyone on my defense team!)

In fact... maybe a canine agent would be good. A hot shot bomb sniffer!

2302cb6764d8f5d920ea3ef41a99bef5.jpg" style="width: 300px;height: 300px

Holy crap Fatman, the title of this post gave me a freakin' heartattack! Jeez.....

Now, to figure out who the Butcher is! This is a horrible attack on the good people of BoB, and it won't be tolerated!

puros_bran":ze8j5n10 said:
Knock all that circle jerk crap off... We have a murder on our hands.
Have someone from the precinct run up the extra coffee pot, a fan, our blood pressure medicine, and a turkey sammich.. We are gonna be here a minute.

LMAO!

This thread killed me! First, I thought Fatman died for real, then it takes awhile for the adrenaline to calm down. Second, as the adrenaline is finally subsiding, and then this yahoo makes me laugh so hard I snorted my Moutain Dew Kickstart drink (CARBONATION BURNS). Third, the adrenaline kicked back up when I realized there is a murderer running about!

Can I have a ham sandwich instead? Don't mind turkey but I really prefer ham...

Blackhorse":p9jcjqe5 said:
Make mine Corned Beef. And a bag of plain chips, please.

And, we can smoke...right?
Of course! Hell, ever-present smoke is 2/3rds of the background in all those noir crime shows. If this isn't a noir crime setup, then I don't know what is.

Any clues from the packaging - I mean shell fragments?

That is quite the bomb. The assassin will be someone of means.

Perhaps the assassin is a recent target of Fatman's largesse. That narrows things down to about half the regular forum participants.

That's all I have.

... fountain pen... in an unusual colour... mmmm....

My hunch would be that The Butcher has already posted in this thread, such is the twisted way that such a heinous bounder would work. :suspect:

Blackhorse":hnjolchk said:
And, we can smoke...right?
Did he really ask that?

What's that brown thing in the lower left?  I'm in the field on a small screen.

Also, which one of the bob bombers always slips the Kaboom into their package? I think we need to bring them in for questioning.