Rattray's #15 Majesty - What's Your Experience?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Ziegler

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I picked-up this Rattray's bent bulldog with brass military mount at Christmas. It's a new pipe. I haven't smoked it yet, primarily because I hate breaking in a new pipe. I didn't really need another pipe, but I liked the look and you know how PAD grips us all - well most of us. I have smoked Rattray's tobaccos for over 50 years, but no experience with their pipes. If anyone has experience with Rattray's let me know how they smoke.
Rattray's Pipe.jpg

Reserve 7 was one of my first tins of tobacco. I smoked a lot of it back then. Never had a pipe. I'm not sure I knew they even made pipes.
I am not sure who makes them for Rattrays. Details look great. Long time since I smoked Reserve 7. Dark Fragrent, Old Gowrie, Red Rapparie, Black Mallory (don't you love the names) are my favorites.

I am not sure who makes them for Rattrays. Details look great. Long time since I smoked Reserve 7. Dark Fragrent, Old Gowrie, Red Rapparie, Black Mallory (don't you love the names) are my favorites.
Like most of us back then, I was at the whim of my tobacconist. Probably selling the greenhorn the stuff he couldn't move. Decades later and still at it, I guess even if it was mostly self-serving for him, it worked. It's one of the shortfalls of the internet age: the appetite is never quite in balance. It's always a feast, and human minds don't do well with that many options.