Rattrays new tobaccos also in the the future in the states?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael drue

Reaction score
Hello all!

Has someone information about the new Rattrays tobaccos (Malcom Flake) is the only one what i remember at this time
if they will be sold also in the states in the near future?

Michael

I think the new-ish Rattray's "British Collection" is really just the Peterson line from Kohlhase, Kopp & Co re-branded or re-labeled. Rumor has it that Mac Baren is due to take over production, with K&K retaining the rights to the original recipes.

Hans Wiedemann has them for sale on his HU Tobacco website for anyone who's interested.

I'd hazard a guess that the Malcolm Flake is the same re-branding/re-labeling applied to Erinmore Flake as well.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/kohlhase-kopp-amp-co-brands

If you want pretty pictures of Rattray's 'new' blends, look Here  (near bottom of thread)

Rattray's can be had in bulk sometimes right? Does this mean we may finally get Irish Flake or a match (since new manufacturer) in bulk?

I hope that we dont lose some of the Peterson's line. ie. Plug 3P ... I see that K&K are holding onto the recipes. I guess that means it is time to stock up on some of those peterson blends (just in case) I love me some Plug 3P

Slartibartfast":lw0dtftd said:
I think the new-ish Rattray's "British Collection" is really just the Peterson line from Kohlhase, Kopp & Co re-branded or re-labeled.  Rumor has it that Mac Baren is due to take over production, with K&K retaining the rights to the original recipes.

Hans Wiedemann has them for sale on his HU Tobacco website for anyone who's interested.

I'd hazard a guess that the Malcolm Flake is the same re-branding/re-labeling applied to Erinmore Flake as well.

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/kohlhase-kopp-amp-co-brands
Yes, the label and look of those flakes made me think immediately of everybody's favorite Juicy-Fruit gum that you can smoke. I could almost smell the flakes through the computer screen. :lol: 

Natch