Re-hydrating

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker13

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to re-hydrate flake tobacco? According to the Man half of the McClelland team (his name escapes me at the moment) he says no and you should just throw away flakes that have dried out. I realize in all things tobacco, and especially FLAKE tobacco, he is more or less THE MAN, but are there any voices of rebellion out there that speak from experience?

My trouble is I love so many tobaccos but I justcan't smoke 'em fast enough! I guess the answer is to get them out of the tins and into the Ball jars, right?

Your answer is correct. Tobacco that has completely dried out I toss. Life's too short, etc. If it's only half way there, you can make adjustments. The dried out stuff seems to lose something upon resurrection, thinking now especially of MacB's Navy, which is the only flake I've ever had dry out. Others may disagree, of course, and you can then sell them the dried out stuff.

Zeno Marx":tcc30huk said:
I've had good luck with all types of tobacco.  Flake can take a bit longer, and it can be a bit more finicky than ribbon.   You might have to leave it open if you take it a little too far.  No big deal.  Trial and error.
+1

My experience has been similar and I've gotten good results.