Relayed Message From Bulldog Bruce

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justpipes

Reaction score
Brothers,

Bulldog Bruce asked me to relay a message to the BoB Community on his behalf. Bruce has recently discovered that he has a cancerous tumor on his liver as well as some other liver problems and will require a liver transplant. Bruce has not been posting much lately and felt a little awkward about posting this himself. I assured him that we would all be behind him. Bruce ask me to request that if any of the brothers have had any experience with something like this, if they wouldn't mind, if they would please communicate with him by sending him a PM for his email address. I would say even if you haven't experienced something like this type of illness Bruce would really appreciate it if you sent him a word of encouragement or even just posted something here. He did tell me that the prognosis is good and he sounded very upbeat about it under the circumstances.

Mark (Justpipes)

Bruce, you are certainly in my thoughts and prayers... remember we are like family and never hestitate to ask. Mark is a great friend to have.

Very sorry to hear that and I hope nothing but the best for you man.

I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in August of '06 and had my right kidney removed that September. It was definitely a scary time in my life but I tried to focus on what life had given me and appreciate every moment. It seemed that I stopped taking life for granted for a while and truly enjoyed the little things. That helped a lot when coping with the stress of it all.

I learned everything I could about my condition from doctors, online and any other resource I could find. It was comforting in the fact that they are doing amazing things with cancer these days and they make advancements literally by the day.

Most cancers that are discovered at or around stage 1 seem to have a very good outlook. Even if found later there are a lot of amazing stories of full recovery. I am still cancer free and the odds of it return are supposed to be very low, well low enough that I'm not afraid of it.

I have no experience with a liver transplant though so no help there. I did and still do have times where I worry about my body not being the same or that I can't trust it. Start worrying about every little weird feeling or pain. It does get to be less and less bothersome over time though. Overall I feel very lucky and I'm betting everything will work out for you just fine Bruce. Hang in there!

I will PM him,I've had experience with those issues. :x

Winslow :sunny:

Prayers are with you Bruce, hope all turns out well and we see you back here soon!

Hey BB...Wondered where you'd been :?: I'll be sending all the positive energy I can muster to you!! Hang in there :sunny: FTRPLT

Thanks for good thoughts and prayers my Brothers. As JP mentioned, would have felt a bit awkward doing that post myself. He and I, though we havn't met in person, have become good friends, and what the hell, things like this are part of wht 'friends' are for.

Jason, no oops on the open reply, I just thought some might feel more comfortable themselves with the PM. Anyways brothers, I am still in good spirits, and other than pain, feel pretty good so far. Plan as of now is try to kill the cancer in the tumor with chemo imbolization, which isn't neer as devastating as general chemo I understand. Surgical removal not an option, to far advanced. Get through that and get on transplant list, and go from there. I'm more concerned about my loving family and being here for them for a while yet than about myself.

Any PMs as stated, are also welcome, and I have no prob sharing e address, just a little leary about passing that out to non board members. Not everyone who lurks here without being one of us is an honorable person :evil: . Kinda like some of the people I have met in the biker side of my life. My outlook so far :) :) :)

Bulldog Bruce

Never Forget!

PS, will respond to any messages, but gotta get off puter for now and finish preps for trip south to Salt Lake tomorrow.

Bruce,

You are in my thoughts brother and I am hoping for a full and speedy recovery my friend.

Lawdog

Bruce, I understand a little about how you feel. You will surely be in my thoughts and prayers. My BEST to you!!!!!

My prayers are with you Bruce, as well as my wishes for a speedy and full recovery.

Mike