RETIRED...and tired

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepesdad1

Reaction score
Well, I'm sitting in my office for the last time today.  In two hours I will be retired from the state workforce.
Ready to smoke alot of tobacco and post a lot of posts.

As Monbla would say...."Onward through the fog".

pepesdad1":dxio2kw7 said:
Well, I'm sitting in my office for the last time today.  In two hours I will be retired from the state workforce.
Ready to smoke alot of tobacco and post a lot of posts.

As Monbla would say...."Onward through the fog".
Welcome to my world and at times it CAN get foggy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Congrats! My departure from teaching was a little anticlimactic. There was a cake and various tributes to the interns who were moving on and a mention of my 32 years of teaching. I packed up a few boxes of books and notes and moved most of them to the church to begin career 2.0 in earnest.

Have you looked at seminaries? Talked to the bishop?

Congratulations!! I retired from state service 4 years ago and I have loved every minute of it.

congrats man, don't take up pipe carving though, I don't need another competitor :)

blessings man

rev

Thanks, guys.

Since taking up pipe smoking again, and meeting new folks on the forums...life has been a blast..never have I met a nicer group than right here on BoB....serious friends.

I come from a lineage and world where retirement is a punishing sentence, rather than freedom. :lol: Comes with the genes and job description, largely. We work until we die or can't.

In your case, however, congrats are in order, because you've already done your time, Walt. I couldn't sit at a desk in an office any more than a coyote can be an accountant (though, come to think of it, they'd make damn shrewd accountants...) :D I'll be curious to see what interesting hobbies you pick up!

8)

conga rats Walt. Looking forward to more post from this new chapter in your life. :)

Congrats!!

I hope someday me and my cohorts can join you and yours in this status!

Welcome to retirement Walt, whether you like it or not.;)
But, it does have it's up sides like seeing the poor saps down the road going to work in the morning.

Congratulations to you sir and enjoy your retirement!

Jolly well done Walt. I really hope you enjoy your new way of life. You may wish to know that now that they've retired, my folks report that they've never been busier!