Rubber Pipey Bitty Bumpers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy pipes made with vulcanite or ebonite stems... in other words... instead of putting rubber pipe condoms on your pipes, buy pipes with rubber stems. A few shallow teeth marks won't hurt anyone and is an easy fix if you ever want to resell a pipe.

I like the bits now that I've edited them.

Keeps really large pipes from ending up on the ground or in a lap!

They're generally very useful. If i need to stretch one over a wider stem (excepting my Boswell Jumbo) I find warming them up helps; somebody suggested putting them in the microwave in water for 10 seconds, but I find that popping them in my mouth and chewing them a bit works too, and saliva is a fine lubricant. I chew through them, so I clean down the stem between bits.

I've found myself smoking in the car on the way home from work more and more often, and recently picked up half-a-dozen of these bitey-bumpers for my normal "riding-in-the-car" pipes.

Having the rubber bit to clench makes me feel way less prone to dropping the pipe while I'm driving. The taste doesn't bother me any.

They won't work on all of my pipes, but definitely are useful for the drive on my cheap Grabow.

Thanks!

I bought a couple of these today:

AAAADITpdYsAAAAAACSESw.jpg

I'll let you know my verdict in a week or two.

I started usin' 12mm rubber tips on my heavy freehand pipes & I hated the feel o' the lip on 'em. Instead on cuttin' the lips off o' 'em, I simply reversed 'em. Now I use the 9mm tips on my everyday pipes, so I can smoke 'em hands free. I just picked up 10 for .99 w/free s&h on eBay

Ok! the price is right. What is a rubber tip? It comes in sizes?

+ Edit: I just checked e bay Looks like $.50 a piece for 20.

Rubber tips / grips slide over yer pipe stem's lip. The 9mm tip's opennin' was to small to fit over my larger freehand pipe's mouth pieces Even 'fter runnin' 'em under hot water & usin' a hair dryer on 'em, but they do fit my "everyday - drug store pipes". The 12mm fit my freehands, like a glove, even 'fter I reversed 'em. YMMD.

I use them on any pipe they'll fit on: I don't want to hurt my precious stems!