Sad Day in daBurg

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Mendenhall it was never physical injury that held him back...it was the lact matter between the ears and the lack of heart in his chest. Best move the Steelers made this year was getting rid of him.

I didn't want Harrison to leave but a lot of that fell on him. He wanted guarenteed money instead of receiving incentive based salary. I understand that is one of the biggest problems with football compared to other sports, buut he has been dealing with injuries for years and he is definitley approaching his "golden" football years. I wish him well.

Puff Daddy":azvbmb69 said:
The steelers seem to be deporting star names at a pace second only to Baltimore. Hope it's for the better and not just for the budget.
Yep, as a Baltimore fan, I'm sick to my stomach.
Boldin, Krugger and Pollard - say it aint so! Mabye we'll sign Harrison, he'll look good in Purple. We won our first Superbowl with a Steelers cast away.

Someone tweeted yesterday ("The Evil Mike Tomlin" - hilarious comments) that Baltimore lost all of their waterboys as well....

I sure as heck won't be making any Superbowl plans for next year. Ozzie Newsome always seems to come thru with some miraculous draft, but I don't know he can pull off this miracle...

Injuries & the arrested development of high-round draft picks seem to be par for our course.

Yah. Goddell's nfl will put a premium on using high-round draft picks on skilled O players who can put points up. A team will hurt itself by spending high-round picks on D players who don't get on the field until some disaster strikes. There will be shoot outs.

It's just not a bidness that encourages longevity among the employees.

I thought the Steelers did a pretty good job with #86's retirement. If you want to see some fairly tough retirements, check the Chuck Noll era. When Chuck thought your career had run it's course, out you went, and take your four SB rings with you. I remember his famous line, "It's time for Mr. Bradshaw to find his life's work." And I think when Franco resisted retirement, Noll just cut him. And then, of course, no longer getting the results he wanted, Noll fired himself. Tough man.

jmho

Then again, if you were in Harrison's position, you would too. You'd be crazy not to.

A bird in the hand . . .

:face:

I dont blame Harrison. Some one is going to give him guarenteed money. More power too him. I just hope it's not with another AFC North team like Baltimore. No offense Al!

None taken! The good news is the Ravens still have Arthur Jones. Every team needs an A. Jones on the squad <g>.......

Wallace is dangerous
Let me count the ways :

He doesn't high point the ball.

He doesn't fight defenders for it.

He doesn't block for another receiver after a catch.

He doesn't try to tackle the defender when it's intercepted.

He "catches" (when he does) with his chest.

He blows what would have been receptions by trying to poach passes to other receivers.

He doesn't run clean routes.

He won't even dive back for shoestringers.

He disappeared the second half of 2011, and mailed it in all year in 2012.

After he held out of training camp, coming into a new system.

Tomlin nailed him, years ago : He's a One-Trick Pony. His progression over four years' time has been from zero to around two.

He's an attitude problem on top of that.

Hit him hard and he'll likely cough it up.

He couldn't carry Hines Ward's jock.

Good riddance.

Yak":o5m28moh said:
Wallace is dangerous
Let me count the ways :

He doesn't high point the ball.

He doesn't fight defenders for it.

He doesn't block for another receiver after a catch.

He doesn't try to tackle the defender when it's intercepted.

He "catches" (when he does) with his chest.

He blows what would have been receptions by trying to poach passes to other receivers.

He doesn't run clean routes.

He won't even dive back for shoestringers.

He disappeared the second half of 2011, and mailed it in all year in 2012.

After he held out of training camp, coming into a new system.

Tomlin nailed him, years ago : He's a One-Trick Pony. His progression over four years' time has been from zero to around two.

He's an attitude problem on top of that.

Hit him hard and he'll likely cough it up.

He couldn't carry Hines Ward's jock.

Good riddance.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

iRon":q0gjdwur said:
If you read the tea leaves, Rooney has completely mandated an offensive change in philosophy to the highest degree. Basically pulled rank on Tomlin in system & personnel. This team will protect Ben. This team will run the ball at a high level. This team will control the clock. Like it or not, we're going back to the future. Expect a very 2005 look and feel out of this unit. WRs will be accents, not centerpieces. TEs will be more physical. There will be a workhorse back. Seeing Rainey cut, both Redman & Dwyer signed, and having Wells tires being kicked. Shows you where the mindset will be. They want big. They want bruising.