Sad news today.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean - I'm going to assume you are there for military tour. If so,first and foremost, thank you for what you doing for us back home. I know I couldn't do it. Second, your words help me greatly and repeated or not, the fact that you took the time to send condolences is what matters most to me.

BriarBabe - Never hesitate to add your two cents, we don't bite, rarely bark either! But I do appreciate that you took the time to share that and I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Draagha":2qt13rri said:
BriarBabe - Never hesitate to add your two cents, we don't bite, rarely bark either! But I do appreciate that you took the time to share that and I will keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Thank you and the same for you and yours.

Just an update if you're interested.

My dad left early this morning driving to TX to stay with his parents for the week. My grandfather starts chemo this week so my dad is going to take care of them. I, unfortunately, have to stay here and look after the house, animals and my brothers. But at least someone is there with them, that's a bit of a load off my shoulders.

Draagha":4dsghs0h said:
Just an update if you're interested.

My dad left early this morning driving to TX to stay with his parents for the week. My grandfather starts chemo this week so my dad is going to take care of them. I, unfortunately, have to stay here and look after the house, animals and my brothers. But at least someone is there with them, that's a bit of a load off my shoulders.
Good to hear someone will be with him. Keep your head up, brother!

Keep the communication open, my young friend. You will be happy for it later.

Well, I'm not even sure how to begin to share this. I know this was about my grandfather, but I just received word from my dad(who just arrived today). When he got there, he went to visit his cousins(who are much older than him, they are my grandparents age), they are my brother's god parents.

Well, when his cousin Carlos went to wake up his wife, Tommie, he unfortunately found her unresponsive. She was declared dead when the paramedics arrived. We're unsure what caused it as of yet.

This has been a hell of a week folks. I'm very thankful I have a place I can share this comfortably and to have such support in return.

Very sad news brother. Looks like you've been meted out more than your share of heartache lately. When it rains it pours, to use the tired old phrase.

Be strong for your family in their time of need. And take the time to grieve.

Cheers,

RR

Brothah Draagha:

Those of us who are some discretely undeclared multiple of your tender age have, by now, endured more than one of these seemingly endless successions of gut punches. So, when I say I know what you're going through and can empathize, you can be sure it's real. None of that lessens your own personal pain, but it does help to know that others have been through it, have survived it, and can still find a way to celebrate life, even in the face of death.

My maternal grandfather (my namesake) was one of the most important people in my life. At the time he stepped off this mortal coil, I felt like a piece of me was gone forever. I was mistaken. He lives in me.

There's your joy. It might be hard to see it now when so much is changing so fast, and you can barely seem to catch your breath before the next gut punch shows up. But what your grandpa and grandma gave you is something more durable than even their stay on this Earth — something whose value transcends all of the shitstorm, which will pass. I know.

As for the transient trials and tribulations themselves, they have their own effect. Just remember the words of James Allen:
  • "Circumstances do not make the man — they reveal him to himself."
You'll come out of this OK, bro'. Feel whatever you need to feel, and know that there are people you've never even met, right here, who care.

Above all, persist, amigo. Life's worth it.

Veet

newjok12.png

Vito - That REALLY helps me put see this in a better light. Thank you very much brother.

BD - Thank you very much.

Vito":wqs410nn said:
Brothah Draagha:

Those of us who are some discretely undeclared multiple of your tender age have, by now, endured more than one of these seemingly endless successions of gut punches. So, when I say I know what you're going through and can empathize, you can be sure it's real. None of that lessens your own personal pain, but it does help to know that others have been through it, have survived it, and can still find a way to celebrate life, even in the face of death.

My maternal grandfather (my namesake) was one of the most important people in my life. At the time he stepped off this mortal coil, I felt like a piece of me was gone forever. I was mistaken. He lives in me.

There's your joy. It might be hard to see it now when so much is changing so fast, and you can barely seem to catch your breath before the next gut punch shows up. But what your grandpa and grandma gave you is something more durable than even their stay on this Earth — something whose value transcends all of the shitstorm, which will pass. I know.

As for the transient trials and tribulations themselves, they have their own effect. Just remember the words of James Allen:

• "Circumstances do not make the man — they reveal him to himself."
You'll come out of this OK, bro'. Feel whatever you need to feel, and know that there are people you've never even met, right here, who care.

Above all, persist, amigo. Life's worth it.

Veet

newjok12.png
Beautiful and comforting words for us all.

Another update for those interested. My Tia Tommie's funeral is on Friday. I will post a link to her obituary when it is available for those interested in that as well.

Thank you all again for the support in these tough times. Couldn't ask for a more caring group of people.

We will be there right by your side in Spirit Draagha, just reach out emotionally and you will be able to know in your heart your Brothers and Sisters from BoB are holding you close to their hearts. :heart: 

Thanks Kirk, but unfortunately I wasn't able to make it, as they live in TX and that is where she rests now.

For those of you interested, this is her Obituary.

As for my granddad, he has started chemo, and aside from the usual side effects, is doing good so far. 5 more weeks of it though. Thank you all for the support you have given me and the love/consolations/kindwords you have sent my way.

Thank you brother's and sisters.