Said I couldnt stand anything w/ Latakia in it..............

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

str8razor

Reaction score
Well gents I spoke toooooossssssssooooooonnnnnnnn., Bought me a couple ounces of Bob's Chocolate Flake. I must say that anyone wanting to try a Latakia Blend should give this one a try.

I could smell it faintly in the bag but upon loading (Fold and Stuff as I do with all flake), It was not noticeable at all. A small hint of a soapy taste I noticed about first 1/4 of the bowl then It was smooth sailing from there. I think the Amount of VA's in the blend had alot to do with my overall satisfaction. It was dated 2004 on the tin and Im sure the virginias mellowed quite a bit.

What are yalls outlook on this blend?

I took slowly to lat blends, now it's almost all I smoke. I love that way it tastes, and burns, even the smell has it's own appeal.

Try as I may I just can't get past the soap,,,I try to overlook it but it won't work, hits me hard. Must be me.

I enjoy both the Lakeland Chocolate flakes and detect a hit of latakia in both, but just bairly. I prefer the other company's version, however. Kendal Mayor's Chocolate Flake is one of my favorites, while Bob's is "meerly" a good smoke. :lol:

Natch

The "smell" rather the "aroma" of Latakia is the scent of a man. We all have to get our adjectives in order. Guys aren't supposed to smell sweet.

It is my favorite all-time blend. I love the Lakeland "floral" or "soapy" taste. I like SG's Choc Flake too, but it simply doesn't rise to the level of G&H's Bob's Choc Flake. Enjoy the blend (but not too much as it is sometimes hard to find. :x ).

LIPIPE":yafmg9nx said:
The "smell" rather the "aroma" of Latakia is the scent of a man. We all have to get our adjectives in order. Guys aren't supposed to smell sweet.
How true, how true! A very astute observation on your part, sir.

I love the ChocoFlake but I must say I don't really notice the Latakia. The SG Navy Flake has far more Lat notes to my taste buds. As for the Lakeland scent, I've come to really love it, but some do find it overwhelming. I just don't really notice it that much either anymore.

Natch, you've created a monster here, lol!