Samuel Gawith Trading Cards?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering how long SG has been around ...I don't see too many vintage gawith tins on the net. Only the green SL and sams own. Does anyone have any info about the sams own blend? When did SG start selling in the US? Anyone seen photos of vintage gawith tins?

This Perfection lid is a few versions old I think. I've seen similar with a barcode which I assume came after this. And then ones with the barcode and the red SG banner at top, which I assume would be next. When these changes took place I couldn't guess. How far back you'd have to go to find all painted tins, if they ever existed, I wouldn't know. Sorry I can't help more.

juanmedusa":gub9qp68 said:
This Perfection lid is a few versions old I think. I've seen similar with a barcode which I assume came after this. And then ones with the barcode and the red SG banner at top, which I assume would be next. When these changes took place I couldn't guess. How far back you'd have to go to find all painted tins, if they ever existed, I wouldn't know. Sorry I can't help more.
Definitely an oldie John. The newer ones have hideous health warnings on them that take up half the lid. That, and the phone number, suggest to me it's around the '95 vintage. Such a cool find mate. And rare too, especially with the news of the company's recent merger. Yup, I'd say what you have there is a piece of smoking history. Do you think it's worth preserving, ie not smoking any of the 'baccy and replacing all as found?

grouse10.jpg

I'll have to get on my desktop to blow that pic up and take a better look at it but that's pretty cool there.