savinelli

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruins

Reaction score
so i'm really digging this Savinelli Horoscope Pipe - Rustic - 645 Tomato on Pipesandcigars.com. any opinions on this brand? it's about $60.

Savinellis are terrific pipes for the price IMHO. I have several and all are great smokers. I'd say it's between Savinelli and Stanwell as the best pipes for the value....

I say.... BUY IT!

thanks MrE. i really love the look. man, i hate to ask and look like a dork, but what does IMHO mean (in case it's something important).

oh wait...maybe 'in my humble opinion?' sorry, i don't text/tweet/facebook/anything on the computer much. except the BOB, of course!

I have a few Sav's - great smoking pipes & great value for money.

That is exactly what it means, Bruin.

And Savs are great smokers to boot.

I've had five over the years and kept three. One is a rather nondescript half-bent rusticated that is just about my favorite latakia blend type. Come to think of it, all but one did much better with latakia and oriental blends than with straight VAs. Just my experience. But for the money, good pipes.

Natch

You are asking the wrong dude Here!!!!!
I am a Sav Freak, just love their pipes!!!!
I have been a little disappointed in their mid range pipes these days. They ave a lot of putty man.
That said, I was gifted a Pisa bully a couple of months ago, besides the putty, it is one of my best flake smokers!!!!

Bottom line here is you cant go wrong!!!

thanks for all the input. feel really good about getting now.

I like my Sav churchwarden, especially for the shape (it's a smooth 401 dublin), but it smokes a bit wet, which seems indicative of churchwardens...

Anybody else have this problem or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks.

-Jason

A pipe could smoke wet for two reasons that I know of:

1. it needs to be cleaned
2. it smokes wet, so,

give your pipe a good cleaning to establish a baseline. Then smoke it and see if it still smokes wet, and if so, the phrase "a dry smoker" cannot be used to describe your pipe.

Even so, I've yet to find a pipe that smokes wet that failed to deliver a smoke wherein the tobacco shines. In this case you just have to get used to using more pipe cleaners to help it get dry after being smoked. Only if the pipe's price was in a midgrade's range would you have a complaint; if it's cost was reasonable, then it's reasonable that it smokes wet.

Thanks alfredo! I kinda figured that it was just something I'd have to learn to live with. Fortunately, I've been buying a package of long cleaners whenever I go to the smoke shop, so I won't run out any time soon.

-Jason