Scottie Tomato

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakebound

Reaction score
As some here already know, I was the lucky swab to be fortunate enough to have Scottie draw my name for Secret Santa this year. Pictured below is her handcrafted Scottie Tomato that I am enjoying for the first time today. This baby has a bowl as generous as Jethro Bodine's Cereal Bowl! A wonderful pipe and a work of art by Scottie!

Breaking it in with Stonehaven. A cup of strong black coffee to drink

That's a fantastic pipe.

I have a smooth dublin "Scottie" from when she carved the BOB 2014 POY's. It's a dainty bowl that's perfect for the strong stuff. It sees an awful lot of Gawith ropes and dark flakes.

scotties22":5e1a3qu6 said:
Looks good on ya!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thank you Scottie. A couple of observations from someone who has never made a pipe and who only knows what he likes in a pipe:

A very generous bowl that allows for a nice, even burn. A nice white, even ash all the way through to the end with very little, if any dottle.

Opposed to the other pipes that I own, some of them Peterson's, Cayuga and Savinelli, your pipe requires very, very few re-lights and, even after stepping away for a few minutes, the bowl remains lit and ready to smoke. No other pipe that I have ever owned or smoked has behaved as such. Others here have aptly commented on the appearance and the feel in hand is perfectly balanced and very comfortable. Because I tend to hold the pipe in mouth for most of the smoke, I immediately places a bit protector on the pipe. Such a perfectly balanced and evenly smoking pipe with great draw.

Nothing but matches shall ever be used to light tobacco in this pipe (as with most of mine).

As an "end user" and not a pipe maker all I can say is this is a perfect design in my novice and humble opinion.

Very handsome pipe, and yes that bowl does look generous in proportions. Glad to hear it's smoking well for you Frank. Scottie does a great job!

8)

Cheers,

RR

I'd like to see a photo of that pipe from above and then a photo from the bottom. One of those sneaky designs that doesn't strike me as unique in a natural sense, but surprisingly unique in the pipe world.