Screw up # 462

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natch

Geographer Ultimo
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
I like the flavor and scent of cloves. As I'm in Indonesia at present, and clove cigarets are a local specialty, I got the brilliant idea to unroll a couple and smoke them in my Peterson. After several miserable puffs, I came to the conclusion that it was nasty tobacco covered in nasty clove scent.

Four bowls of decent tobacco later I still taste the crap tobacco and overpowering taste of cloves! :evil:

I may need to wait until I return home and give that 'ol bowl the salt treatment to get that horrid taste out. Good thing I brought a few other pipes for the trip, or I'd be SOL.

Avoid putting clove tobacco from third-world cigarets in your pipes, my brothers (as if any of you are dumb enough to do it?!?), allow me to be the bad example so you won't be. :oops:

Natch

That sucks. Just smoke a bunch of lakelands in it, then a few black cherry aro's, and some lat. It will be ghosted so many different ways you wont notice the clove. :twisted:

There's a slight evil side of me that hears a Lakeland lover cryin' to his momma about that "dirty old tobacco" ghosting his bowl. :lol:

There's a slight decent side of me that hopes you chase off the ghosts because--I know exactly what it's like to have a tainted pipe.

Hope faraway lands are treatin' you good otherwise, Natch. Havin' fun?

8)

i.keenum":ily7wy5s said:
That sucks. Just smoke a bunch of lakelands in it, then a few black cherry aro's, and some lat. It will be ghosted so many different ways you wont notice the clove. :twisted:
You'd have to smoke it in a hazmat suit though. The pipe would have a radioactive half life of about 200 years! :shock:

Well too late now....You could have told everyone about the great taste of cloves and brought back your own special Indonesian tobacco for bartering. :pirat:

Probably would have worked better with Shir Beedi's ! NOT :twisted:

Well...you could dedicate that pipe to Thranshers Aromatic since the bowl is so well cloved.
Everyone should try Thranshers Aromatic at least once so they'd know what a truly horrible tobacco tastes like.
Clove, citrus, grass clippings, last years rats nest....good stuff. :no:

williamcharles":skbkffac said:
Clove, citrus, grass clippings, last years rats nest....good stuff. :no:
Now I know what to get the next bombing target. :twisted:

Reminds me of the time I decided to make a martini out of olive juice, because I like olives. That was a FAIL.

Steve

Natch! Isn't that the truth.

Me: "Oh, look. It won't be a big deal to cut towards me just a little. I won't push the knife too hard."

For me, those were famous last words. Now, $6000 in cold hard cash later, and a finger that will never be the same? Well, all I have to say is that every screw up sounds good at first.

Wait a sec..I know your older than me Natch. And you claim you only made 462 screw ups? How is that possible? I gotta call bullpoopoo. ;) :lol:

Frost":qrx2b4rf said:
Wait a sec..I know your older than me Natch. And you claim you only made 462 screw ups? How is that possible? I gotta call bullpoopoo. ;) :lol:
No, only 462 for the year (and we still have five months to go)! :lol:

Natch

Do you know if the Kreteks for distribution over there are different than the import ones we used to get here??

From what I understand, there is actual tobacco in them, but I have no idea in what proportions. I just remember them being not especially vitamin N fortified.

I do laud you, Natch, for giving them a try in your pipe. I think that poor Pete will forever have the ghost of your 2012 Indonesian tour, lol.