Secret Santa 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Sadly I'm a fan of much stronger, fuller tobaccos than these. If anyone winds up with blends that rate heavier than they prefer and is interested in a trade just let me know.

(To clarify, I'm not unappreciative at all, I just happen to have tried all three of these already and they didn't really do it for me.)

Got my gifts today and I must say I am not sure who exactly sent these (I feel there are some clues in the gifts) but I am truly thankful for these amazing gifts . my wife is allergic to high fructose corn syrup and she loves bbq sauce. it is very hard to find a good bbq sauce with no high fructose, the one that was sent doesn't contain high fructose , so were are both excited to try it. so my wife and I thank you. I cant wait to have a  good pipe and nice cup of coffee (and I good brownie.)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Nice good for you on the BBQ sauce, I don't know if you had That junk yard dog before but it is a pretty decent burley blend, just a touch of lat in it

Way to go Santa's! It seems each year I see more and more goodies other than tobaccos. Nothing wrong in that. I think it's a sign of the times. That so many little mom & pop businesses are selling stuff. I know I am enjoying the heck out of those coffees I received.

Man! These gifts are Rockin! Congrats to our recipients thus far!

Ocelot55":1qisbk5e said:
I know. I can't believe somebody gave a baby to Trifecta. What a great gift idea.  :p 

I received my secret Santa gift today as well, but you'll have to wait for me to post since it's hard to post pics on my phone.

Thanks Santa (you know who you are, fantastic stuff in my gift box!!!)

Congrats everyone!

I got mine today too, but I don't want to go through the trouble of posting from my smartphone at this time. I'll update this post with pics later...  :roll:

I will say my SS was quite secretive with an anonymous drop ship. I'm very VERY grateful to have received all ubiquitous, well-lauded, and enjoyable tobaccos! :cheers:

A tin each of:
Dunhill Flake
MM 965
Balkan Sobranie
SG Squadron Leader
SG FVF

I've not had Dunhill Flake or BS, but I'm sitting on tins of both and had been looking forward to cracking them. Maybe I'll move these up in the queue now  ;)

And the best bonus, a Nording partial rusticated freehand! I've been wanting a freehand since very early on in piping, though lost interest in finding one that was quite right since they are all unique pieces. I think this one will fit very nicely in my collection! I'm sure it will be a welcome option for a good ribbon cut English/Balkan blend!

Thanks Santa, wherever you are!  :santa: 

Well done, Santas, saints, and sinners alike! It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas up in here...

DrumsAndBeer":8281t49l said:
Ocelot55":8281t49l said:
I know. I can't believe somebody gave a baby to Trifecta. What a great gift idea.  :p 
 :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: 

DrumsAndBeer":pj50mgq0 said:
Ocelot55":pj50mgq0 said:
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

People are being bombed and pictures aren't posted darn it all. Get at it y'all, we must see the booty.

kaiser83":w02w5zpu said:
People are being bombed and pictures aren't posted darn it all. Get at it y'all, we must see the booty.
Nope. I'm sure your nice and all, but no booty pictures. PM them to Kaiser!

:)

Man, less than 2 minutes for the first wise "crack". Not bad gravel.

kaiser83":89vdccrh said:
Careful what you ask for; there are some very literal folks aorund here, and there are some things we DON'T want to see!  :affraid:

edit: pooh, gravel got in first!

Well.... Santa came a'knocking on my door this morning!

And let me tell you, he is a FINE Santa indeed.....

In my box, I was greeted with a fantastic little note and a few wrapped packages -

img_2017.jpg

And when I unwrapped them, I had these beautiful goodies waiting for me!

img_2018.jpg

One tin of Squadron Leader, one tin of Frog Morton's Cellar, 100 pipe cleaners and a fantastically well made pipe! I don't want to give up who my Secret Santa is just yet, but I know form experience he makes a killer pipe(no matter how big or small) and I cannot wait to break this beauty in!