Secret Santa 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my Secret Santa came through today in a BIG way!

I received a wonderful assortment of beautifully wrapped gifts.

190352.jpg

Opening these gifts revealed a fantastic cornucopia of treats!

190506.jpg

Peppermint Sticks
Christmas Cherry Thumbprint cookies
White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Macadamia Nut cookies
Peppermint Bark
Boswell's Dan's Blend - 2 oz.
Boswell's Premium Burley - 2 oz.
boswell's Hunters Choice - 2 oz.
McClelland Jubilee
Dunhill London Mixture
BJ Long Pipe Cleaners
Hand Made Microwaveable Hand Warmers
3 Hand Made Wool Pipe Bags

190547.jpg

A Hand Made Artisan Pipe!

190529.jpg

(to hang on the Christmas tree)

And, most importantly, some Christmas Straws for the "Kiddo"

190621.jpg

Thank you very much Secret Santa.

Todd

well my secret santa arrived today and dropped off a package. Unfortunately I am working in Long Beach and will not be back home in Oak View until late Friday night. I can't wait to get home

will post pictures on Friday night or Saturday morning

rev

the rev":bjvkznsm said:
well my secret santa arrived today and dropped off a package.  Unfortunately I am working in Long Beach and will not be back home in Oak View until late Friday night.  I can't wait to get home

will post pictures on Friday night or Saturday morning

rev
:fpalm:

Is this gonna be like the Nov bombing redux? :lol!: 

not at all, I actually live in Oak View, I just am in Long Beach for work a few days a week. :)

my wife wants to open the package. She is jealous that I get all the packages and she gets nothing. "well honey, I have friends"

I don't really remember much after that

rev

the rev":u2du3qjo said:
not at all, I actually live in Oak View, I just am in Long Beach for work a few days a week.  :)

my wife wants to open the package.  She is jealous that I get all the packages and she gets nothing.  "well honey, I have friends"

I don't really remember much after that

rev
Duly noted advice: Come home with helmet. :clown: 

Way to go Santa's!

Update time!

I think only Gravel may be waiting at the moment. Please let me know if it's arrived. I may have missed a PM or comment.

I think packages may have arrived for: GrampaGrossbart, swhipple, & kaiser83. All who may be out of town or unable to get to their packages at the moment. If you guys can confirm that they have arrived ok, please let me know. I thought I had a comment or PM that all these should have arrived. I always get a bit stressed when the big day approaches and I am still trying to track a package down.

Thanks!

Carlos  :santa: 

Ok. Thanks for the PM's. Gravel got his. swhipple got his. Just Scotties22 waiting. Thought it would have been there today. Maybe the Postman will get it done tomorrow.

That just leaves a few fellows out of town.

If I have missed mentioning anyone, please let me know. Things have been hectic around here as you know.

Ho Ho Ho!  :santa: 

Behold! My Christmas Haul!  :santa: 

-Orlik Golden Sliced
-Leo
-Frog Morton
-box o' chocolates

AND

My very own pipe by the rev!!!

It's a cute little group 2/1 billiard with an oval shank. Smokes great too!

Whoever my secret santa is, man I'm enjoying this Erinmore. Fantastic stuff! It smokes so nicely in my rock cob. I've been taking the time to enjoy my pipe and some peace quite a bit lately. It's my calm in the storm. :)

Well my package from Santa arrived today.  It was well worth the wait.  I am utterly in shock from all the goodies that Santa sent me!!

First (what I am most excited about) is my very own B&B Billiard.  I can't wait to fire this baby up tonight!!  :cheers: 

Pipemaking Supplies:
 1 Large Plateaux Block
 1 Block of Spalted Maple
 Black and White Bamboo
 Steel tubing
 Cumberland, Ebonite and Lucite Rodstock

Tobacco
 1 2oz tin GLP Union Square
 1 50g tin Blakeney's Best Guillotined Slices
 1 50g tin Blakeney's Best Tawny Flake
 1 1.5oz tin H&H Saratoga
 1 1.5oz tin H&H Maple Kake (Been wanting to try this one....gonna open it tonight!)

2 Great Lakes Brewing Co. Christmas Ales

And some Ferrero Rocher.  I opened the box 30 minutes ago and they are almost all gone  :lol!: 

THANK YOU SANTA!!!!!!!!  And the card is AWESOME........it farts the song "We wish you a Merry Christmas"!!!!!!  My kids LOVE IT!!!!!!!  :cheers: 

dscn3817.jpg

dscn3818.jpg

Holy guacamole Santa must think I am extra super nice, I got a box that was so big I figured it must be filled with bubble wrap... nope, just tin after tin, and a box full of cigars and a ton of samples and a pipe and a pipestand and probably more stuff. I am stunned, and happy I will post pictures tomorrow morning

rev

Well I am not sure if my not so secret santa wants his name out or not so out of respect I will just say he is a very generous and kind gentleman. The large box was chocka block full of wonderful tobacco treats:

1512625_10151809998675168_1352175960_n.jpg

we have a half a box of assorted cigars
must be at least twenty five samples of many different blends some I have never heard of
a very cool pipe that I think I will call a mushroom sitter, santa assures me it will be a great flake smoker
a cool bullet tamper
a bad arse dachshund pipe holder
some pipe cleaners
and then some amazing stuff:

a tin that I left out of the picture for some reason, maybe because I was loading it in my pipe of Boston 1776 THE LABEL SAYS ONE OF 1776 TINS PRODUCED IN 1993!!! on the bottom of the tin it say 3/02 in pen. Not really sure about what it all means but this opened tin smells very very good

100 gr of Rattray's Marlin Flake which appears to be aged but I can't tell
8 ounces of Hearth and Home VA spice
8 ounces of Hearth and Home LJ Heart Virgina
100 gr of 2011 McClelland's Christmas cheer
1.5 ounces of sutliff blend no. 5
2 ounces of GL Pease Navigator (I needed this, my old tin is just running out)
2 ounces of GL Pease Haddo's delight

thanks so much Santa, you rock the casbah

rev

Way to go Santa! Got to love those little dog pipe stands. I have a Scottie dog in brass that I am fond of.

We have a couple folks out of town. Hopefully they will post some pictures down the road as they get a chance. I think this year's Secret Santa is complete as far as deliveries. Some one holler if I lost track along the way. I think this was the biggest crowd that I have ever been involved with for Secret Santa. Quite a number of personal events, all seemed to turn out well. Family first, always! Your generosity is amazing. Merry Christmas, a happy New Year to all and, thank you ladies and gentlemen!  :santa: