Secret Santa 2013

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packed and ready to go straight down somebody's chimney. We're getting pummeled by a nasty winter storm, though, and so my friendly neighborhood postmaster advised that I might want to send my package a day early...but considering that I feel a mite bad about all this coal going to my target, maybe I'll opt for a couple of days late instead!

Blackhorse":n6d0smjq said:
Live monkeys are quite questionable...but magical FLYING monkeys are totally a different and appropriate thing. I'm pretty sure that's the official position of the board as well. So in terms of magical flying monkeys...you're cool.
Why would anyone ship flying monkeys?  Let them fly themselves (and duct-tape those tins of tobacco you're shipping as well).  Kinda like free shipping?

Natch

Natch":s39z2l1n said:
Blackhorse":s39z2l1n said:
Live monkeys are quite questionable...but magical FLYING monkeys are totally a different and appropriate thing. I'm pretty sure that's the official position of the board as well. So in terms of magical flying monkeys...you're cool.
Why would anyone ship flying monkeys?  Let them fly themselves (and duct-tape those tins of tobacco you're shipping as well).  Kinda like free shipping?

Natch
You don't ship them, you use them to ship stuff - like Amazon and their new drones.

Natch":0urgrr1a said:
Blackhorse":0urgrr1a said:

Natch
They Bite Natch, I don't want to be responsible

LOL, i'll bet he would be mad if he knew you posted that...LOL mine would he is 26 and I have one 23

All packed up and ready to go...shipping on Friday or Saturday...

Well folks, looks like I've got to jump the gun a bit. Odds are the wife has just gone into labor, and I'll be dropping my package at the PO on the way to the hospital! Sadly I didn't have a chance to individually wrap the contents, but oh well. The goodies inside should bring a smile regardless.

:cheers:

Congratulations!!!! I hope all goes well.

A little piece of advice from a woman whos done this a time or two or three........don't take everything into the hospital with you when you get there. You can go back out to the car later. Like after she is settled in and has her epidural :D 

Pulled the pin a day early since I am traversing the country with this bundle!   Also I plan on sacking out this weekend.  Don't know what is going on here in NC but it is chest colds, lung infections and pneumonia.     Luckily I only have a chest cold.

Christmas Cheers!

Santa-with-Pipe.jpg

Bluefisher":faj9reli said:
Well folks, looks like I've got to jump the gun a bit. Odds are the wife has just gone into labor, and I'll be dropping my package at the PO on the way to the hospital! Sadly I didn't have a chance to individually wrap the contents, but oh well. The goodies inside should bring a smile regardless.

Congrats Blue. My wife is nearly two weeks past her due date, so we are kind of climbing the walls over here. All the best to you and your growing family.

I will be shipping sometime early-to-mid next week, hopefully around the same time some other folks are doing the same.

Carlos, if it's ok, I probably won't post here when I actually send it out, just to try to preserve some of the "secret" in the Secret Santa, but I'll be sure to post if something goes awry and there's a delay on my end and will confirm sometime after I've seen that it reached its destination safe and sound. Unless that's a big problem...rules are rules, after all.

idbowman":4nmm3ltr said:
I will be shipping sometime early-to-mid next week, hopefully around the same time some other folks are doing the same.

Carlos, if it's ok, I probably won't post here when I actually send it out, just to try to preserve some of the "secret" in the Secret Santa, but I'll be sure to post if something goes awry and there's a delay on my end and will confirm sometime after I've seen that it reached its destination safe and sound.  Unless that's a big problem...rules are rules, after all.
I'll be doing pretty much the same.

ho ho ho! :santa: 

False alarm! Shipping the package today regardless, because odds are the next time will be for real.

Trifecta13":mkvt0m4e said:
Bluefisher":mkvt0m4e said:

Congrats Blue. My wife is nearly two weeks past her due date, so we are kind of climbing the walls over here. All the best to you and your growing family.
Thanks Trifecta - this is our second, and even though the official dude date is 12/26 we're pretty sure he's coming early. You'll be a dad soon enough, and then the real fun starts! Good luck to you and yours.

scotties22":s0eneyro said:
Congratulations!!!!  I hope all goes well.  

A little piece of advice from a woman whos done this a time or two or three........don't take everything into the hospital with you when you get there.  You can go back out to the car later.  Like after she is settled in and has her epidural :D 
Thanks Scotties! That's good advice for sure. The only time I've ever seen the lady look at another man with the kind of affection usually reserved for yours truly was when good Dr. Levine got the epidural working last time around! :D 

Bluefisher":xfnci87l said:
this is our second, and even though the official dude date is 12/26 we're pretty sure he's coming early.
Dude, you should totally have a Christmas baby, that would be awesome...

Congrats, btw. :cheers: 

ha, thanks fellas! We already have a little Santa suit for him - but I'm still trying to convince the wife to let me add a big white beard for his baby pics! :lol: