Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year marks the 12th consecutive Secret Santa I have participated in that is in the chain that PB lists. It's been running for many years. It's also that time of year when I think back on many that have come and gone. Remembering those who have passed on that made this so much fun. Pondering what ever happened to some that simply disappeared. I was, still am a member of several boards. But I don't have much time for others any more. After Sailorman Jack passed and the "Morning Watch" went away, I lost interest in ASP. Kind of neat to be a part of a legacy.

:santa:

Carlos, since you brought it up.. What happened to chuck (chksbk or whatever he went by) I haven't seen him in a couple years but I remember logging in on the occasional Saturday morning to talk to you two back on knox.

BoB wasn't the same and I think he just kind of wandered off. And I think there was some confusion with a nutter using a similar username.

What ever happened to Regor? I recall that his wife passed on. He had to leave the ranch and get rid of his donkey. After that it was a few odd messages. A couple phone calls, and he disappeared. I still chuckle about that pipe of the year that Mark Tinsky made for us and one showed up in Roger's mailbox. I think he must have pestered Mark half to death till he maybe gave me up as the person to talk to about it. Good times.

Fatman":pjbbb5yc said:
My internet pipe days started with alt.smokers.pipe in the mid to late 90s with Steve Masticola. Back when I used AOL as my ISP, what a strange and wonderful trip it has been!
I was active on alt.smokers.pipes back then as well. Fond memories.

This is my first internet pipe community... Can honestly say I'm thrilled to be here! Okay, enough sappy touchy feely stuff.... :roll:

I originally started out on Pipes.org. Memories are less-than-fond.

Melvin is awesome. Lol. I wish people would remember his tyranny when comparing the waitstaff around here with Nazis..

Old Nate":kehotbg0 said:
This is my first internet pipe community... Can honestly say I'm thrilled to be here! Okay, enough sappy touchy feely stuff.... :roll:
Oh, now there's never too much sappy touchy feely stuff around here.

Santa arrived yesterday! And he was too kind! Four great tobaccos, a Peterson standard system 313 that I just enjoyed a bowl of Red Cake in, and a nice little pocket knife that I used already. I was building steps for our deck, and the wife didn't even let me know the package had come, she's sneaky! Gotta say, I'm really very overwhelmed at the generosity of the gifts!

I will do my best to post pictures...

Old Nate":pz1lebsl said:
Santa arrived yesterday! And he was too kind! Four great tobaccos, a Peterson standard system 313 that I just enjoyed a bowl of Red Cake in, and a nice little pocket knife that I used already. I was building steps for our deck, and the wife didn't even let me know the package had come, she's sneaky! Gotta say, I'm really very overwhelmed at the generosity of the gifts!

I will do my best to post pictures...
That was quick! My outside supplies haven't even arrived yet!

Wow santas already. That is crazy. Congrats on your gift. I am sure it will serve you well. I am just hoping I am getting my Norhtern Briars by Christmas.

Yikes! I'm still shopping.
I gotta say, the shopping part is turning out to be way more fun than I expected :santa:

MichaelM":dtt0zgnl said:
Yikes!  I'm still shopping.
I just finished today -- I'm trying to decide if I should split the coal between the Secret Santa and the Jive Turkey bombing, or send it all to the Jive Turkey. . . . :scratch:

MichaelM":ky1lghv6 said:
I gotta say, the shopping part is turning out to be way more fun than I expected :santa:
Me too. Take your time. Don't let the go-getters pressure you..

Mine won't go out until after the first week of December. I'm still collecting and Santa needs his retirement check at the first of the month. :lol:

DrumsAndBeer":rv0h8k0k said:
MichaelM":rv0h8k0k said:
Me too. Take your time. Don't let the go-getters pressure you..
True; we have at least 2 more full weeks, if not 3

Some body is getting Christmas presents before it's even turkey time. I'm getting jealous, haven't even started gathering my munitions yet.

Yeah...my guy/gal is going to have to be patient. As usual, I'll send my out sometime after the first of December (need that much time to get the box loaded up, anyway).

Congrats, Old Nate, and nicely done on the fastest gun in the North Pole! Seems the Holidays start earlier and earlier every year...Heck, I'm going to be traveling for Thanksgiving, so if my Santa is also quick on the draw he or she'll have to wait until I'm home in early December to even realize I've been hit!