Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Target.

I know this guy's been up to no good.

:twisted: Can you say "Captain Black Round Taste?" :twisted: :p

Everyone should have at least one PM with their victim's name and address. Ummmm......who you are Secret Santa for. A couple of you guys have a question, please answer quickly to help us out a bit. Some of you have special instructions.

If I forgot someone, let me know. Something confusing, let me know. I'll sort it out.

Have fun! Smoking Pipes, Cup of Joes, and other retailers, etailers, and some local B&M's have hired extra staff just for the Secret Santa event. There is a new Peaseweed available any second.

Ho ho ho! :santa:

Carlos":usgmpzdq said:
Have fun!  Smoking Pipes, Cup of Joes, and other retailers, etailers, and some local B&M's have hired extra staff just for the Secret Santa event.  There is a new Peaseweed available any second.  

Ho ho ho!  :santa:    
Viking Club Pipes might need to restock soon

I always enjoy the research end of this, comparing the tastes of someone else, and seeing the similarities and differences between the two of you. Carlos, I doubt I could have asked for a more interesting SS than if I had hand-picked them. Santa better hit the workshop, or at least get to whipping those elves. It'll be time to make the pilgrimage to the post office soon enough.

Went on a shopping spree last night :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Don't tell my wife :mrgreen:

beardedbassguy":fw1055tk said:

I just put in a largish order to 4 noggins Sunday, so I'm waiting to 'spree again' -- but I did make a stop at Viking Club Pipes. Maybe Kyle's ebay offerings will provide some pickings as well.

Got my target and I'm feeling the pressure. I know he's normally a good guy. I'll have to hire Sherlock Holmes to dig up some dirt on him, then I can justify shipping all this Smoker's pride to him. :lol: :lol:

beardedbassguy":zbg1it38 said:

Beard, you don't fool around! Wow!

Target identified. Now to develop a dossier. Don't worry... all coal will be bituminous.

DrT999":30pw9jab said:
puros_bran":30pw9jab said:
I got a guy.  I'm rather disappointed.. He's been pretty bad so alas all I can send is coal.
Well, hopefully he has a fireplace!  Send along some tongs, so he can light a pipe with a live coal a la Jeremy Brett in one of the Holmes videos

ps: I don't have a fireplace :rendeer:
On the off chance some haven't seen the scene referenced:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fDoLB_QxgZ4" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

don't try this, unless you are using a clay pipe!

I think most of us are probably in the same boat - we're all looking forward to giving, and would be genuinely happy with any assignment, but secretly we each have a handful of names we were really, really hoping to pull from the hat.

As luck would have it, I got one of mine.

Mayhem shall ensue.

Just got confirmation my supplies have shipped, my secret santa victim better start preparing, muwahahahahahaha...... /cough

idbowman":ng556exf said:
I think most of us are probably in the same boat - we're all looking forward to giving, and would be genuinely happy with any assignment, but secretly we each have a handful of names we were really, really hoping to pull from the hat.

As luck would have it, I got one of mine.

Mayhem shall ensue.
As I was reading this, I was wondering if you meant you hoped to have drawn someone that you know will appreciate all the nice things and hard work you would put into the gift, or someone you could have fun tormenting.

The last line cleared that up nicely! :affraid:

Old Nate":au702ws2 said:
beardedbassguy":au702ws2 said:

Beard, you don't fool around! Wow!
Lol, I had some spare time... browsed the internet and held my son. My target had some specific stuff lined out so it was easy. I have some extra goodies here at the house to throw in with it so it should be a good haul for my target. I hope so anyway. Being my first ever pipe related gift exchange and a somewhat limited budget, I hope I make a good showing :D

I got my poor fella's address. I just hope Santa doesn't take this package for a joy-ride before delivering. I am contemplating what to include... you know, me being a redneck and all... car parts, beer, shotgun shells, etc...

I have some 50+ yr old Prince Albert in a sealed can and some Mixture 79 (almost 90 yrs old) in a sealed box.. Or there is that leftovers mix I throw all the leftovers in.... Nah, that won't work.

Im looking forward to this run. Payday can't get here fast enough so I can go shopping. My wife says I have enough. I tell her, there is no such thing as enough in a tobacco cellar. Now I can justify a big order.. it is Christmas after all....

:evil: :twisted: :lol!:

I raided my cellar this morning and went on a bit of a shopping spree for a few more things. Now I have to start the "homemade" side of my gift.....gonna be some brittle and fudge, I think. :D

d4klutz":37krb8ft said:
I got my poor fella's address.  I just hope Santa doesn't take this package for a joy-ride before delivering.  I am contemplating what to include... you know, me being a redneck and all... car parts, beer, shotgun shells, etc...
If those were Jeep parts I'd say it was a perfect gift!