Secret Santa 2014

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! The BoB's army of Saint Nick clones marches onward toward a joyous yuletide domination! That 3P is deeeeeelicious, BentBD, enjoy!

Update. Everyone but one has received at least one package from their Secret Santa. smg913, yours is scheduled for delivery on Monday. That should be everyone. If my calculations are wrong and someone else is still waiting, let me know.

There are several that have been delivered that let me know they had something, but for various reasons, cannot post pictures yet. Buried in work. Traveling. Forced to wait till Christmas Eve by the better half. Etc.

So we are real close to wrapping up. HO ho ho! :santa:

The last recipient has a package sitting in a mailbox someplace! If, the tracking is to be believed. Since Santa started using bar codes, it's made it so much easier to keep tabs on stuff.

Ho ho ho! :santa:

A bit < 3 hours. Come on man! Did you mean a bit and one half? If so, I understand the delay.

hahahaha sorry for the delays my wife and I are pretty busy with our new born!!!

here are the pics my friends. I can say it was worth the wait, all the tins (except for the six pence) have  been  cellared for a good bit. the nice pipe is a London royal, I have never heard of it before but it has some amazing grain.

Thank you Secret Santa I cannot wait to break into these tins!!!!!

Woohoo! Way to go Santa's! That is really nice look grain on that pipe. Good tabacs also.

It's looks like we are complete. Everyone should have received something. Let me know if I missed someone! We hopefully will be seeing more pictures from those who have had to wait to open their gifts. I can relax a little bit. A few things have gone right today. (knock on wood) I got the parts in from Hungary to repair my tuner for the HF station. The tuner is up and running again. Weeks waiting on that stuff. I am still waiting on a bakers dozen of packages, most promised to be here before Christmas. So a little stressed, but better now.

Here's some pics of the goods and me doing a popeye face. :p

Sorry for the crappy pictures Jesse , they do not do your beautiful pipe justice. :lol!:

Also since it is year marked this is also my latest Son's birth year pipe. Going to have to get one commissioned for my next son some time next year. It is an absolute stunner, it smoke like a train and is by far the most comfortable stem I have had the pleasure of using.

Nice pipe Ian (and Jesse). Love the shape, stem and blast on it as well. :cheers:

So is that it? Was that the last Santa?

8)

Hopefully we will be seeing more pictures over the next few days as the holidays arrive. Some because of work, or travel, etc. let me know that they do have packages but cannot open them yet.

I spent the last 10 days with family after the wedding of some close friends and what did I find when I returned? Santa had been by my house! He included this wonderful note and a fun poem to boot!

bGGjUOOl.jpg

qxyh4m3l.jpg

Here's the loot. Talk about a humbling gift box. I'm blown away!

z2dQ0hUl.jpg

The contents:

1 tin McCranie's Red Flake 2008 (2012)
1 tin McCranie's Red Flake 1996 (2006)
1 tin McClelland's Deep Hollow (2003)
1 tin McClelland's Christmas Cheer (2014)
1 tin C&D Five O'Clock Shadow (2014)
1 tin C&D Guilford Flake (2012 - bulging)
1 tin C&D Red Carpet (2012)
1 tin Hearth & Home AJ's Vaper (pre-2010)
1 tin Dunhill Apertif
2 bags of Ghirardelli squares (and a whole bag of peppermint bark!!!!)
1 box of Columbus fine meats
1 1lb bag of Cartagena Cafe Especial "Pacamara"
2 tins of mints featuring Frosty the Snow Man smoking his pipe

I'm so humbled by such generous gifts. The age on some of these tins predate when I started smoking a pipe 8 years go.

Santa went above and beyond, giving me everything on my Christmas list and more! Thank you so much Santa!!!