Seven Day Set, or sets.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnbanjo

Broken Pipe
Reaction score
There are several ways, if not more, that comprise a seven day set. One way is all from the same maker/manufacturer, another is all the same shape either from the same maker/manufacturer or mixed. Yet another is all birth year pipes etc. I happen to have a few myself, each set by the same maker/manufacturer but I'm interested in seeing what you have and yes, corn cobs count! Regards.
banjo

Can't say I have a 7-day set myself, but have seen some fine offerings from various manufacturers. All of which are far beyond my modest means! However I love to live vicariously through others, so will be interested to see what our brothers and sisters have!

:tongue:

Cheers,

RR

I got nuthin'--but there's been a few times when I wished I only had seven pipes. Does that count?

Richard Burley":bot4rf5n said:
I got nuthin'--but there's been a few times when I wished I only had seven pipes. Does that count?
:lol!: Agree !

I have a 7 day set, carved by Charl GOUSSARD

I cobbled together what I would call a working man's seven day set. It's 7 Peterson's shape 999's in different finishes. I love it because I always want a pipe with my coffee in the morning - this makes the early morning decision process a bit easier. Anyway, here they are.

7DaySet_zpsowwif2vk.jpg

SpeedyPete, I have 2 by Charl, excellent smokers, Dottleman, that's what I'm talking about making a great seven day set from one shape something I've not done yet, keep them coming I promise photos of mine soon.
banjo

Dottleman":slb7dzkw said:
I cobbled together what I would call a working man's seven day set. It's 7 Peterson's shape 999's in different finishes. I love it because I always want a pipe with my coffee in the morning - this makes the early morning decision process a bit easier. Anyway, here they are.

7DaySet_zpsowwif2vk.jpg
Now, that's what I'd call a great 7 day set!

8)

Cheers,

RR

Oh my, that's going to be a killer set if you complete it!
banjo

ontariopiper":elh3lu6a said:
Not quite a 7-day set, but I've got this set of 5 vintage Brigham Bent Bulldogs

25355026021_a3c126ba6a_c.jpg

fishnbanjo":f91d5mg7 said:
Oh my, that's going to be a killer set if you complete it!
banjo
Keeping my eyes out for the last 2 pipes. This shape wasn't available in a 1 Dot (Brigham Standard) grade, so I need to find one with 3 horizontal dots (Brigham VIP grade) and a 6 Dot (Brigham Straight Grain).

If anyone comes across one of these pipes, let me know! :)

Blackhorse":fcniqvub said:
He must not smoke on the weekends.
Oddly, not near as much as I'd like to - it's easier to relax during the weekday when the DW is at work and not able to give me The Look when I reach for the baccy! :lol:

Dottleman":v9fcucp8 said:

7DaySet_zpsowwif2vk.jpg
Very nice. I've wondered at times if how they look on a rack is part of the Pete design process. 
They look wicked good.

Keeping my eyes out for the last 2 pipes. This shape wasn't available in a 1 Dot (Brigham Standard) grade, so I need to find one with 3 horizontal dots (Brigham VIP grade) and a 6 Dot (Brigham Straight Grain).

If anyone comes across one of these pipes, let me know! :)
That's a great set so far! As I looked at it, I kept wondering if the number of dots was intentionally ascending or if it was a happy accident. Now I know what you're shooting for and I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled.e

And thanks all for the nice comments on my set. I think the rack really does make it look sharp, but the pipes themselves are fairly inexpensive. There's no way I'd be able to afford a factory seven day set unless I won a lottery!

I love collecting groups of pipes. Most of my seven day sets have grown. Here are two older photo's of two week sets. These days these collections have grown into at least three week sets and the shape 15 Epoca's are included in much larger collections. I know I have posted these photos before.

Castello shape 30 oval shank bent apples and Castello Epoca shape 15 pot/billiard some of these pipes are very rare pieces. :shock:
dscn0810.jpg

02210.jpg