SG's Chocolate Flake

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velveteagle

Reaction score
I just returned from outside. I had my first bowl of SG Chocolate Flake in my Eagle Claw Meer.. I must say it was one of the best smokes I have ever had.. The entire smoke tasted great.. Smooth to the tongue and pure joy in its entirety.. This is going to be top of the list for favorites and will order a bulk order some day soon down the road. I will look forward to aging this blend also. Not sure how many have tried this blend but it is worth the purchase. I can still savor its taste with my hot cup of Joe on this Thanksgiving Morning. I should have ordered more than one tin for sure.. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Chuck..

I to enjoy it and have a few tins put away most of mine are from 07 and 08. I opened a tin from 07 last week first one in a while and it was good. I just sold off a few tins and should have kept them but I still have a nice supply but it worth it to get a tin to try out.

I recently tried this for the first time. After a few bowls I can say that it's one that is very enjoyable for me. My question is: how many of you actually taste the chocolate/coco flavor? For me it just comes across as a nice sweetness. How will the ageing affect this flavor? Will the coco become more or less pronounced?

Hmm... I might have to snag some from my B&M now, they have 3 24oz boxes hanging around from like 2008.

I find that its a very lite coco flavor more of a sweet taste the added age helps the VA's alot. I tend to smoke it on the dryer side and really like it for my first bowl of the day with coffee.

ZeroContent":x0qk6sdi said:
Hmm... I might have to snag some from my B&M now, they have 3 24oz boxes hanging around from like 2008.
That would be a nice score :eek: . Don't walk, RUN! :D

nate560":47wl6hne said:
I find that its a very lite coco flavor more of a sweet taste the added age helps the VA's alot. I tend to smoke it on the dryer side and really like it for my first bowl of the day with coffee.
I thought maybe the sweetness was from the VA but wasn't sure. More "Research" is definitely needed! ;)

After smoking a few bowls of Chocolate Flake I got online and found 8oz waiting for my order.. This stuff is fantastic.. Smooth as silk and such a good taste.. I do think the coco gives it the creamy full tobacco taste.. Leaves a good taste in my mouth and burns nice and cool for me.. No noise and I feel sad when I have to empty the ash. I will order a few pounds of this when I can and store a bunch for a gift to myself on those days where I need the best smoke.. This is top of the chart for me..
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I really enjoy S. G. Kendal Mayor's Chocolate Flake as well. G. H. & Co Bob's Chocolate Flake is also rather good, but I much prefer S. G.'s version. Neither is sweet or aromatic (to my tastes) but I fear that many will avoid trying them because of the "chocolate" label they carry. One of the best of the Lakeland flakes.

Natch

You are so right with this. I've tried several SG tobaccos and Chocolate Flake is my favorite. Kendal Cream is another but probably CF beats it. Very smooth and rich taste. I think there is chocolate in the name only as i haven't been able to taste it.

Natch":fmtnhlue said:
I really enjoy S. G. Kendal Mayor's Chocolate Flake as well. G. H. & Co Bob's Chocolate Flake is also rather good, but I much prefer S. G.'s version. Neither is sweet or aromatic (to my tastes) but I fear that many will avoid trying them because of the "chocolate" label they carry. One of the best of the Lakeland flakes.

Natch
Perhaps that a good thing! A very good blessing for those of us that really enjoy this one. :cheers:

I just returned from outside having a good long smoke of SG's Chocolate Flake and I noticed at the light up I could smell the burning of chocolate. Later a quarter way through the bowl I could taste the unsweetened flavor of coco.. Being outside in the fresh cold air and also knowing that coco does not have any sweeteners in its normal state. I was then able to tell of the coco's effluvia and its flavor rolling across my tongue. It is very subtle in its taste.. But yes I could close my eyes and pick out its signature.. Very good smoke.. I smoked it in my CAO Big Head Meer.. This pipe does not seem to ghost at all since I wipe it out after I smoke it. :D