Shop in St Louis

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgoldberg

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
Someone here mentioned that there was a cigar and pipe shop on The Hill, which is the Italian area of StL. It's called The Hill Cigars; went there today and was amazed. The only other shop I have been in since I started smoking a pipe is Dengler's in St Charles. Dengler's doesn't let you smell the tobacco before you buy, but this other place does. Does anyone else know of stores that have a no smell policy? I think it's very strange, but I have no idea whether that's common.

I didn't get any tobacco, but I did pick up a couple of new MM cobs. Got a Night Rider and a straight Country Gentleman to go with my bent one. $30, no shipping. The store had lots of tinned tobacco, which I had never seen before, plus they had a selection of by the ounce blends in canisters. Lots of very expensive pipes there, too - I think I have some ideas to share with my family for upcoming gift giving events. :)

Check out Jon’s Pipe Shop in Clayton. Brad is a pipe expert.
Oh, cool, thanks!

Wow!! Never experienced a pipe shop where you couldn't smell the tobacco; other than closed tins of course!
Yep, Dengler's has jars, but look, no touchy. I might have snuck a couple of whiffs when he was busy with other people, though. ;-)