Significant others

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wife has never given me any trouble. I was smoking a pipe long before we met. I know when she does not like a blend though, she may say something like "Oh your smoking that again" or something along those lines.

My wife has never smoked anything in her life and despises smoking. It was her idea to sell all my pipes and tobacco and if she had her way, it would all go the way of the one ring!

Aromatics are awful to her but the least offensive of blends.

Oh the lemons life gives us!

My wife doesnt smoke but she supports my smoking to the point of reminding me about my upcoming ebay auctions and suggesting trips to the local b&m :)

My wife of twenty some years and family tolerate the smoke but I don't push the limits by no cigars in the house and only a couple of bowls a day max. She takes a some interest in the collection, she has been along on a couple of show weekends and has a good time at dinner with the gang. She is a enthusiastic supporter of our local pipe club and is a great hostess to the club events that we hold at our place! She has a nice Anna Julie pipe with her name on it if she ever want to start smoking a pipe. :shock:

Mine loves the smell of Latakia. Talk about lucky!

At the St. Louis pipe show we spotted a tiny little bent billiard that was only $15 so we snapped it up for her. She's been smoking with me recently. :)

My wife bought me my first pipe. Guess that was a hint to switch from smoking strong cigars. Her grandmother did smoke a pipe and quite regularly. Of course that was when North Carolina was known as "The Tobacco State". Now . . . the tobacco warehouses in Durham, NC display signs about the history and then mention ironically that no smoking is allowed.

No woman, no cry........

tumblr_lyyocld7uY1qcxopmo1_400.jpg

Cheers,

RR

...My wife of 33 years never has complained about my pipe smoking... some tobaccos she likes and others she doesn't care for, but has rarely said anything to me about those. Over the years she has purchased a few pipes for me but knows how particular I am about pipes.
...Considering those significant others, I feel quite lucky!

I guess I'm lucky, my wife doesn't mind the smoking but due to a medical condition she has, I will not smoke in the house. But I have a lovely screened porch overlooking a wooded area of my property, so I have my heaven right there. She is supportive to the point of buying piping stuff for me on her own if she sees it. So like I said I guess I'm lucky.