Sinus problems

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Young briar fan

Reaction score
When I smoked cigs I'd buy a pack of menthols to open up my sinus'. I have terrible hayfever and have sworn off cigs. Is there any blend that could do the same?

I know of no menthol pipe tobaccos.

Blenheim from C&D has an anise and latakia blend which has that minty menthol effect. I suppose you could give that a go.

while i sympathize with your situation, it is never a good idea to inhale foreign particles into ones sinuses in order to clear them. least of all carcinogenic substances.

just take some sudaphed :p

I picked up a neti pot and some meds. I just hate taking them. The steam from peppermint tea seams to help some.

They make several varieties of menthol snuff with no tobacco...

Young briar fan":b45cxxch said:
I picked up a neti pot and some meds. I just hate taking them. The steam from peppermint tea seams to help some.
Keep with the neti. It can be an awlful experience but it has helped my sinuses alot. Use (very carefully) the warmest water you can tolerate, and do it regularly.

Snuff can make sinus issues worse..I learned that the hard way.

I second the neti pot , be consistant , certain times of year I use it morning and night , works good for me hope you get good results also.

Although I do use a neti-pot from time to time, especially during allergy season, I can't ever think about them without thinking about one of the funniest videos I've ever seen.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aQm7YpxgOnA" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know what's going to happen in the end, but the idiot just keeps to the script.

Natch

During the summer when it's extremely hot and during hay fever season, I'll pick up a pouch of Kite tobacco (found in many grocery stores and drug stores) to smoke in one of my "yard pipes". It seems to keep my sinuses clear too.

Jim

Natch":nm3stqpu said:
Although I do use a neti-pot from time to time, especially during allergy season, I can't ever think about them without thinking about one of the funniest videos I've ever seen.

You know what's going to happen in the end, but the idiot just keeps to the script.

Natch

Now that was painfully funny. :drunken:

Thanks for the laugh. It made me feel much better. I don't think I would've made it to work today if not for the neti. Nothing like being sick in a motel room. I laughed so hard I started coughing and my helper had to see it too.