Sitter/Poker

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neerups always get good feedback at a good price point - enjoy, that is a distinctive poker!

I have so much to learn about pipes,

Every time I see a picture of the great pipes on BOB I feel the need to buy one.

Wish it could be so, John.

riff raff":0mgbjeop said:
So, how is that new Poker smoking?

Oh man out of all my pipes it has to prob be my best smoker. I am definatly going to shop for more neerups if they smoke anything like this

That Neerup is a beauty indeed...very like the ones turned out by Boswell. The Tinsky wa also a good suggestion...he makes amazing pipes.

I just ordered a kit from Tinsky's website. He goes to great lengths to get details on what you want to make and then picks and bores a block with just your project in mind. Now THAT'S what I call excellent! He picked out a large chunk of platteau briar and it's in the mail now. When it gets here I'll start on a Poker of my own. Hopefully it'll have that Bosley/Tinsky/Neerup thing goin on when it's done.

This is my current go-to pipe, a Maestro sitter-

Pipesale1.jpg

(and apologies to BH, this is actually his pipe but is identical to mine. I just didn't have a pic of mine)

Cheers,

RR

See what you guys made me do!!!

While looking over shape considerations I stumbled on this thread and it steered my kit from Mark Tinsky to be shaped in the venerable Poker form (see pic. 1). It also steered me to the acquisition of another pretty darn fresh estate...a Boswell 2011 (see pic. 2). Just thought they should be added here.

pic. 1 Poker from Mark Tinskey kit

DSCN0658-1.jpg

pic. 2 Boswell Poker 2011

DSCN0587.jpg

That settles it, my next pipe will have to be another sitter/poker!

See what y'all made me do?

(actually I love the look and feel of my present one enough to go for repeats)

8)

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":uyy6ni34 said:
That settles it, my next pipe will have to be another sitter/poker!

See what y'all made me do?

(actually I love the look and feel of my present one enough to go for repeats)

8)

Cheers,

RR
Tisk tisk! Personal responsibility! :p

...but if you must be lead, be lead by those that make good choices for you... heheheh.

I think I'll end up with a poker soon, too...

missed another Boswell today that is exactly what I would like to have from him. bumming.

Zeno Marx":oeqvwhee said:
missed another Boswell today that is exactly what I would like to have from him. bumming.
Maybe you can call them up sometime this week and ask if he's making any similar he could put aside for you? Not sure of their policy on this. Had a lucky Thursday couple months back myself hah.