Sixth Annual Spring Forward Box Pass for 2009

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what will be in the box: Ten tins for trading and four tins for sampling and eight bulks (28 ounces) for sampling. All of the bulk is fresh and packed in heavier plastic bags so there "shouldn't" be a problem with dry bulk blends like last year. I was hoping to have a tin of the Seattle Pipe Clubs Plumb Pudding for sampling but my order was shorted. I hope that you guys enjoy this years selection to start out with.

TINS FOR TRADING​

• Captain Earle's Private Stock
• C&D After Hours Flake
• C&D Herbracia - Sha'are Orah/Gates of Light
• Heart & Home Old Companion
• C&D Exhausted Rooster
• GLP Westminster
• GLP Montgomery
• Seattle Pipe Club Plumb Pudding
• Heart & Home LJ Heart Burley
• Presbyterian Mixture

FOR SAMPLING​
:pipe:

• C&D After Hours Flake (tin)
• C&D Exhausted Rooster (tin)
• Esoterica Woodridge, 4 Ounces of Bulk
• GLP Montgomery (tin)
• G&H Black Twist Rope/Sliced, 2 Ounces of Bulk, for sampling (not for the faint of heart)
• G&H Bosun Cut Plug, 4 ounces of Bulk
• McClelland A.M. Pipe (suppose to be replacement for Dunhill Early Morning Pipe) 4 ounces of Bulk
• Art's Endeavor (from Smokers Forums, his own creation and very good IMHO) 4 ounces of Bulk
• McClelland 2050 Oriental Cavendish, 4 ounces of Bulk
• MacBaren HH Mature Virginia (tin)
• Heart & Home Frenchy's Sunza Bitches, 4 ounces of Bulk
• Heart & Home Anniversary Kake, 4 ounces of Bulk

There were only six people who showed interest in two boxes so I decided to only do one box this year. To the other five who showed interest thanks but I feel there just isn't enough people to justify the second box.

The box will start out in Alaska since Artic Smoke (thanks) wanted to add some blends and I figured that would be the greatest shipping charge. From there I still need to figure out the route and order. I will try and make the box go the shortest route to save us all some money plus make some schedules for people being at home. If you have any issues with time frames please let me know so that I can schedule around them.

Again I hope you like this years selection of blends and hope you enjoy.

Mike looks like the box is starting off with some great blends once again. Can't wait til it starts and watch this thing play out.

G'ydee'up BoB's Pass 2009 !!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is the tentative schedule and dates when I "think" you should be receiving the box. I allowed for you to have the box seven days and four days of "in transit" time. I'm sure the time table will shift due to shipping, etc. If you have issues with this schedule please let me know know so that I can re-arrange things to meet your work or vacation schedule. We are in this to have fun. I realize everyone has a life other than BoB and this pass so if something comes up where you can't get the box out during the seven days just let me know. I'm very flexible. Again this is subject to the whims of the USPS and Mother Nature.

HANDLE, STATE, and DATES
  • Artic Smoke, AK, Feb 27 -Mar 6
  • jhuggett, WA, Mar 10 -Mar 17
  • Trout Bum, CO, Mar 21 -Mar 28
  • Mr Houston, TX, Apr 1- Apr 8
  • Bill, MO, Apr 12 -Apr 19
  • Rail Man, WI, Apr 23 - Apr 30
  • Vaperfavour, IL, May 3 - May 10
  • Carlos, IL, May 14 - May 21
  • pipetongue1, MA, May 25 - Jun 1
  • DockJ.Perry, MA, Jun 5 - Jun 12
  • Benjamin Button, NH, Jun 16 - Jun 23
  • Mark, NY, Jun 27 - Jul 6
  • Midnight Blues, NY, Jul 10 - Jul 17
  • Grant Gimper, NC, Jul 21 - Jul 28
  • JustPipes, NC, Aug 1 - Aug 8
  • J_Rock, OH, Aug 12 - Aug 19
  • Tennessee Dave, TN, Aug 23 - Aug 30
  • eggman, TN, Sep 4 - Sep 11
  • mikem, AZ, Sep15
With J_Rock that now gives us nineteen. Any other takers before this closes out today???

Even tho I'm not in the pass Mike, I can tell you put a lot of work into it and have done a very good job of it. Its going to befun watching this :cyclops: :sunny:

Okay, I am PUMPED! This is going to be super cool. Seeing as how I live in the middle of nowhere, this will be the most tobacco I have seen in over a year. I plan on adding some tasty goodies...

Okay Gentlmen, the box is packed, labels made and it's ready to go out. Hopefully I can talk my wife into shipping it out this Monday while I'm at work. Let the games, smoking, trading and sampling begin. :cheers: :cheers: :pipe: :pipe:

Great! Looking forward to being a part of this again this year! Thanks again, Mike, for organizing it again!

:cheers:

Okay gentleman, the box is on it's way North to Alaska. 6+ pounds of tins and bulks are headed to Artic Smoke. Delivery confirmation number is 0304 1070 0000 9161 3607. The fun is now officially started. :cheers: :pipe:

I was looking over the contents and I'm probably more excited about this pass then even the previous ones. Some great sampling blends in there that I have been dying to try but for one reason or another I haven't.

The box has landed! Will be sampling this weekend. I will try to get the box out on monday if possible.I think the box will be bigger by the time it leaves here. :D

arcticsmoke":jx3r3osv said:
The box has landed! Will be sampling this weekend. I will try to get the box out on monday if possible.I think the box will be bigger by the time it leaves here. :D
Maybe Ms. Palin could stop by over the weekend and help you do some sampling! :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Well, she had better hurry. lol

The box is packed back up, and yes it's bigger. Could not fit everything in the original box. I will be shipping it out on Monday.

Takes:

C&D Gates of Light

Puts: for trade:

McClelland 2008 Christmas Cheer
Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
McClelland Blackwoods Flake
Peterson Escudo
Peterson Irish Flake
Charles Fairmorn Dark Fired Shag

1 doz. pipe nails (for anyone that needs them)

Puts: for sampling:

Esoterica Stonehaven
GL Pease Telegraph Hill
C&D Old Joe Krantz
Peter Stokkebye Cube Cut Burley
McClelland 2015
McClelland 2008 Christmas Cheer

Sampled:

Frenchy's Sonza Bitches - will cellar
Art's Endeavor
Bosun Cut Plug
AM pipe
Woodbridge - will cellar
Black Twist Slice

Hope everyone enjoys the extra stuff I threw in.
Will post the shipping info when I ship it on Monday.

:pipe:

Bill

Dang! I have a feeling it's going to be an awfully big box by the time it's finished making the rounds. Great pass sir!

I'm going to clean a couple pipes for sampling so that I'm all set when it arrives.