SKYDUMP - January Bombing Squadron Mission

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blackhorse":kt3jhbkb said:
Updated listing with most recent data

10 gravel

13 scotties22
14 christeaux

26 leftover421
Sent yesterday at 5:12pm. Will resend.

Current list of those who have not provided DC number:

scotties22 (checked in - due out tomorrow)
christeaux (no word as yet)

PS: this is not a punishment list, rather a heads up kinda thing

leftover421":aw58n2k5 said:
Bomb bay doors are stuck! :x Having to set auto-pilot to circle the target while I go back there and jump up and down on them stinking stuck doors. I just hope I don’t come flying out with my bomb! :affraid:
BOMBS AWAY!

I gotta see if I can get a mechanic to do something about the bomb bay doors on this rust bucket. If it wasn’t for the waist gunner catching me I would be free falling all the way to the target right along with my payload. :affraid:

gravel":mjy1m0z0 said:
Blackhorse":mjy1m0z0 said:
Didn't take it as such. Thanks for the heads up.

twak.gif

:lol!:

gravel":souczswi said:
Blackhorse":souczswi said:
Didn't take it as such. Thanks for the heads up.
Hmm. I kind of thought it was a form of very effective public shaming. :p

Bomb is in transit.

Do I feel shamed??? Mmmmmmmmm...No. Punished???? Maybe I like to be punished. Too far????

Well, after this last snafu I decided it’s finally time to sell old Fortuna. I am sad to see her go but I got a good price from a collector. Who knew I was flying an antique? :cyclops: :oops:

:shock: This should fix the problem :twisted:

Who knew I could get such a great price on a great cold war era bomber :?: :cheers:
For your approbation, I hope, allow me to introduce Minerva :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The business end, just so the brothers/sisters know how screwed they are when they stretch and look up after getting the morning paper. :shock:

My vote for the drink is The Vulcan (sticking with my Roman god naming theme for this post, not a Star Trek reference) (unless it wins me the contest, then it’s a Star Trek thing) (Wow this post took me a long time to put together, and wow I'm a nerd)
Sorry-ish for the huge post :p

So far...and midnight tomorrow is the deadline:

Drink Naming Contest – Blood and Napalm

Gravel – Ruby Mourning
Greyson - Flaming Hemorrhage
I keenum - Burning Justice
Scotties22 – Red Dawn
the rev – Sad Charlie
Leftover421 – The Vulcan
Kaiser83 – Angry Republican
George Kaplan - Burning Bandage
Ocelot55 - Colonel Kurtz
Lesath - Hot Slot Shot
Fishfuzz - The Spy Who Chugged Me
Blackhorse - Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Here's the playout: For the name, there will be a first, second and third place winner. Winner to be announced Thursday morning.

THEN - the REAL game begins...once we have the winning names for the drink...we will entertain submissions of actual recipes to go with the names! Each of the three winning names will be assigned a specific spirit. Potential examples might be that the 1st place winner would be a drink using Tequilla, the second place winner would use Vodka (slightly better) and number three would use Rum.

Specific judged aspects of each submitted recipe (5 points for each catagory) will be 1. how good it tastes, 2. how well in compliments one of 5 announced pipe blends, 3. the cost of ingredients, cheaper being better (it has to be good even though made with the cheapest booze obtainable (Hey! This is supposedly tied to a military theme...lol), 4. how easy it is to make...no exotic ingredients or hard to find elements, 5. that it is unique and not an 'old standard'. That's 25 total points

It can be either standard strength or super strength in terms of alcohol used. Like a one-shot Bloody Mary would be standard and a Long Island Iced Tea would be super strength.

It can be either hot or cold. It should not be a punch or made by the pitcher...these are single, individual drinks only.

The deadline for submissions is Saturday, Feb. 9th...with a massive point bonus for submissions received earlier. In fact, there will be a one point per day bonus for each day early it is received...maximum 10 points.

So WHY? You ask yourself, and well you should, am I doing thing? Well, I could say I just like to lavish prizes on fellow Squadron members. I could say that I'm old and senile. I might even say that since I've been retired I'm at a significant loss of things to keep me busy. Well, none of those are true, but I COULD say them. Even though anyone can judge and submit their opinions NO ONE IS ENCOURAGED TO DO SO (just lawyerin' up a little there). The fact is that it takes me about a year to use up the lone bottle of hootch I normally keep handy for 'medicinal purposes'...and I need to stock up. So I figure three bottles of low cost booze should do me for quite a while...and those early recipes might be tested during the Super Bowl. So it's all really pretty self serving. lol

Anyway, get your drink names in if you want. You've got about 24 hours.

Vodka over Whiskey....what are you a Russian spy commanding an American outfit?

Drink Name: Apocalyptic Reverence

I'll be thinking of the recipe

Kaiser, me lad...

The reason for vodka over whiskey is simple, and even spelled out in the rules, in a way. Cost is a key issue. Low cost vodka can work well for mixed drinks...much more so than with whiskey. That...and the fact that 'low cost whiskey' is pretty much a contradiction in terms in today's world. Besides, the one bottle I keep for the occasional nip is Rare Breed, so I have that covered. lol

If you believe that whiskey HAS to be used I could open the rum category to include whiskey, but I'm only buying three bottles. So if you insist on whiskey...I'll send you my shipping address. lol2

I could swear there was a rule about drinking that a drink with more than 2 ingredients isn't manly...and ice counts as an ingredient. I think that was in Pipes & Tobacco winter issue if I recall.

Rob, do some "These are not the droids" crap on BH so he forgets this part of the thread please. Or some dark side stuff...either works as long as he forgets these last few comments.

Actually can it please be some dark side stuff, painful painful dark side stuff? Pretty please?