Skype Date

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
My wife had a "Skype Date"; talking to her sister-in-law and brother in New Jersey... she also talks to her sister in Nova Scotia.

Anyone use "Skype"?

Apparently it's free.

My wife and I use it around holidays and such to connect with her brother and his wife. THey are on the move alot. Lived in Mexico last year and are in either Denmark or Switzerland now...I forget which. Anyway, we chat with them over skype every couple months or so. It's a relatively easy and nice way to stay in touch.

I listen to a lot of Itunes Podcasts Books and they are all the time talking about wanting listeners Skyeping them. I have never tried it my machine is to old to have enough memory I'm afraid.
Ed

Our oldest son and his family including our only grandson (soon to be 2 grandsons) moved to Dubai a year ago. I have used Skype for lots of business calling (used to work for a French company we did our conf calls on skype) so it was pretty natural for us to start using Skype to keep in touch with our son.

With video cameras built into most computers these days, we have graduated to video skype. Great fun to see our grandson growing up on the other side of the world. For him at 3 years, it is perfectly natural for him to see "Baba and Grandpa" on the computer screen. To us it is still kind of magic.

I've been a Skype user for the past couple of years. Have saved a fortune in international calls. Skype also allows computer-to-telephone calls at a ridiculously low price, even international calls. Quality has also improved substantially from the earlier days. Skype has become a very important tool, I use it almost daily.

Should mention that I was assuming you were talking about video skype...webcams are cheap and as mentioned previously, some 'puters have cameras built in these days.

I prefer it w/ video since I am not much of a talker but I am dead sexy to look at. :face:

Yes I have been using skype for quite a while and I am very satsfied with it. The only problem is that there are no skypein numbers in Canada yet.Still searching to fix that problem. Any ideas???

Yup, I use the video calling to talk to my brother in Brussels. I've talked to him more since they moved there 6 months ago than I did in the past 20 years when he lived in Houston. :lol:

Justpipes":on6rzusk said:
We use it to talk to missionary friends in Africa.
Soooooo JP,
Did your "missionary friends" find the birth certificate yet??? :p
(Love the Obama supporter pic!)

DoverPipes":k34y1aak said:
Justpipes":k34y1aak said:
We use it to talk to missionary friends in Africa.
Soooooo JP,
Did your "missionary friends" find the birth certificate yet??? :p
(Love the Obama supporter pic!)
It's the real deal.........just one of those things that make you go Mmmmmm......... Or should I say, should have made a lot of folks go Mmmmmm............

I use it quite frequently. Most often, to talk with my boyfriend, who lives on the east coast. But I also use it to talk with my parents up in Michigan. They don't ever get to see their grandson, so it helps some with that.

Yeah, Skype is great. I use it to call all of my international friends on their land-lines for incredibly low rates. Even better when I convince them to also get Skype, because then it's free. You can't beat free international calls.

I use skype. I have several folks on my "I call not by phone but by voice over IP" list :)

I love skype I am in Iraq and of course my wife is not we use it every day or at least every time I can the internet is a funny thing over here but when it is running we use it.
Best Regards
Richard