"Slim Shady" revealed !

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monbla256

Reaction score
A little over a week ago I received an e-mail from brother Growley informing me that I was the recipient of his PHENOMINAL act of generousity, a custom made pipe made by one of the BEST custom pipe makers in the US, hell the WORLD !! This was a seriously eventfull thing in my life as I have NEVER "won" anything in all my life! Not any raffle tickets I've ever bought, not even have I gotten 3 numbers in the state Lotto drawings where you get $3.00 back ! :p And to top it all off, it happened on my birthday :p It still makes me shake when I think about it !
So I'll now get to the specifics of what's important, THE PIPE ! I've alway's felt that the true test of a craftsman is how they make a "classic" shape and my alltime fave is the traditional Pot so that's what i asked Brian to make for me :p After seeing the blast finish he did on the Billiard he presented the week before, and given that a blasted finish is truely my favorite finish, that's what I asked him for. And folks, his blast work EQUALS anything I've seen from Dunhill, or the Lane era Charatan's, even the blast finishes Taykor did on his Ashtons. It has a sort of two-toned "tanshell" look to it and the blast is continued over the top from the sides to the rim the way I like ! He does some of the NICEST cut ebonite bit work I have EVER seen on ANY pipe in all the years I've been smoking! he put a nice wide, thin fishtail saddle bit as I asked and it fits like he measuerd my dentures in person! It is a bit shorter than many of my other Pots with a similar sized bowl. the closest I have to a "nose warmer" !! The tenon and stem fit are PERFECT and it has a smooth. open "draw" empty which I'm sure will translate to some great smoking ! ( I will load it up with some McC FM 2000 tonight after dinner for it's "baptisim by fire" ) For the folks who require #s with their pics:
LOA - 5.1"
Outside Bowl Dia. - 1.8"
Outside Bowl Hgt. - 1.65"
Interior Bowl Dia. - 1"
Interior Bowl depth - 1.6"
Fishtail bit Width - .7"
The above dims were taken with my Mitutoyo machinists calipers :p
Now here's some pics Brian took of it for me:
GrowleyPot1.jpg

GrowleyPot2.jpg

IMG_0516copy.jpg

I will continue to post the progress it's making with it's "break-in" as it progresses :p And I want to give a public "thank you, thank you" to Brian for this wonderfull pipe !! :p :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congratulations!!!!

What a great thing to do and a very good selection!

Congrats, monbla!

You were more than deserving of this fantastic prize! Now get out, smoke that thing, and let us know how it smokes.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

As far as I'm concerned, it couldn't have gone to a more deserving Brother. When he first mentioned the contest, you were the first to come to my mind. As I've said before, I think you're the only person around here that crushes on Brian's pipes more than me.

A very sincere congratulations, Sir.

so happy for you brother, and you do deserve it. This is a happy thread, woo hoo spin and spin and spin and puke

rev

Congratulations brother, that is one fine looking pot!

Now when anyone asks, you can tell them you smoke pot without a prescription! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Congratulations Michael!!!!!!!! I couldn't think of a better person to receive Brian's generosity. That is a gorgeous pipe. Enjoy it buddy!

Kudos to you Brian for your generosity. Well done!

Great pipe, and such a cool gesture!
Monbla, I know you're going to love smoking your new artisan pipe!! :cheers:

Beautiful pipe, and well deserved Monbla.

As always exquisite work, Brian and a most gracious gift to say the least. :D

Harlock999":4silru8q said:
Great pipe, and such a cool gesture!
Monbla, I know you're going to love smoking your new artisan pipe!! :cheers:
LOL

Congrats Monbla! Now that you own an artisan pipe you can stop busting the chops of those who also own them!