Small Cigar Recommendations?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try La Aroma de Cuba EE Minuto. Great little smoke and made by Pepin

I don't understand why folks who post here recommend the Arturo Fuente Hemingway perfectos. They may taste great, but IMHO how do you justify a price of ~$150.00-$225.00 for a box of smokes that last 30 minutes? I've gotten an insert in AF boxes that states that the tobacco in all of their cigars is at least 3 years old; certainly the age of tobacco is one of the grower's biggest costs.

Now I don't mind paying $208.00 for the Don Carlos Presidente. I've read that for it they use "vintage, rare" tobacco that is anywhere from 5 - n years old, but this is for a 6.5 X 50 cigar, which for me clocks out at 90 minutes. $230.00 for the Anejo #46 that uses tobacco that is probably even older than the Don Carlos, which is congruent given the meaning of Anejo, old, a 5 5/8 X 46 cigar that lasts an hour, also seems like a pricy albeit fair price.

But 30 minute smokes? At that price? I don't see me ever buying them.

I agree that pipe tobacco DGTs much better than cigars. If I DGT pipes and can leave the pipe for 30-60 minutes without substantially damaging taste, but I can always taste at least some degradation.

With cigars I don't DGT and keep myself within a 5 minute span. Past that point there is significant degradation.

The cigar guy at my tobacconist recommended the Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona Maduro available for $86.00 a box, 46 X 5.25, from Atlantic Cigar, a great inexpensive hour's smoke.

Carlos":7qtjufi5 said:
Hemingway Short Story, perhaps.
Second that

Also, slightly longer smokes should you go past the band...
Nub Connecticut 464T
Arturo Fuente Rothschilds Maduro
Patel Bothers Next Generation Robusto

If you're willing to skirt the embargo Romon Allones Small Club Corona are fantastic, otherwise Panacea Colt Corojo are a great short smoke.

New one for the list - and a bargain at that - as low as 71 bucks for a box of 30...

Oliva Connecticut Reserve Petite Corona

It has a flavor profile much like the Hemingway Short Story - not to be missed...

the list is long... here are a few great small smokes that aren't to pricey:

bolivar petit coronas
por larranaga petit coronas
partagas shorts
ramon allones small club coronas
punch royal selection #12
rafael gonzalez panetela extras
por larranaga panetelas

Try some Illusione Cuchillos Cabanos. Excellent small smokes just north of a cigarillo.