Smoking "Cabin"

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. The craftmanship is an example. Keep the furnishings.
Be blessed. Thanks for the photos.

Ah, brilliant! I'll agree with the crew that furniture has got great style and the place looks inviting indeed!

Hope you'll have many a pipeful there in good company and solitary reverie.

And for the record, I am seldom envious but this is an exception...

I have a problem with this...or at least the photos. Where are said pipes? or ashtrays? very spartan in that room no? 8)

Very nice place! The best I've seen is the one from Croatian colleague pipe smoker in Dalmatia near Sibenik:

img2815m.jpg

img2809g.jpg

There used to be a similar one there before, but was ruined. This one was built with old stones except for all the wooden things that are new (windows,furniture). Very nice old rustic style with a fireplace kitchen.

OK - I'm officially stunned and amazed. I love BOTH of the clubhouses pictured. The first is still clean from recent construction and will in time gain the needed level of man-decor and pipe clutter that makes a place comfortable. The second appears ancient, but that may be due to the difference in construction materials and techniques...awesome. That pizza oven is over the top, man! lol

I too have a smoking 'thing' designed and constructed by yours truely...totally by hand (as I didn't have power cords that would reach that far and not drop the current too far to be 'tool safe'). I've got a set of Japanese pull saws that rivel power saws in their ability to to rip and trim. Those puppies come SHARP! And I was surprised that a good brace and bit can go through a 2X6 and couple of 4X4's like butter...to allow carriage bolts to slide right through. It took a while, but was worth the effort...designed to use existing dimensional lumber with the least amount of trimming...it's what my wife and her friends have teasingly named "the Tiki Shack" (though it's no such thing). Unique design elements? Oh yes. Open air (except on the weather side...for ample smoke dissipation. Polycarbonate roof...for ample light gain, yet major UV blockage. Pass through...for the dog (nuff said).

I thought I had some pics somewhere but can't seem to find 'em! So I'll have to get out the old digicam and go to work so I can post. More to follow.

SmokeyTweed":7r5ewv1h said:
I have a problem with this...or at least the photos. Where are said pipes? or ashtrays? very spartan in that room no? 8)
You raise a good question. Because of the extreme temperature variances, I think it is better to keep my tobacco, pipes, etc., stored in the house. I bring everything that I need out in a footrest that has storage room under the cushion.

However, I do have a Two Cousins Piperack on the way that I'm going to hang on the wall, and I'll test out leaving some of my less valuable pipes out there to see how things work out.

love the cabin..I told my wife i would love to do the same thing with an old airstream trailer

That is outstanding! :cheers:

All you need is a few small pictures on the wall and a nice rug.
Fine work indeed. Looks pro!

Speaking of AirStream trailers (um, they WERE sorta mentioned in passing a few posts ago) I see that Eddie Bauer has an official version of an AirStream...totally outfitted for the great outdoors (which is kind of a contradiction in terms).

http://colonialairstream.com/airstream-sale/eddie-bauer/9159/index.html

But, gee guys, I'm thinking that for eighty grand (plus another thirty large for the F-350 Diesel to TOW the damn thing) I could buy like maybe a smallish private island somewhere and be jetted there for a smoke break whenever I wanted...or SOMTHING practical! I mean $100,000 would easily buy a nice Forest Service cabin on a perpetual lease plot - but would the feds let you smoke on THEIR land? Man, talk about issues! Maybe a 'smokeout' condo in your own city would be a better idea. Whatever.

Very Nice.

It reminds me of my old VW bus except it's a lot nicer, a lot bigger and it's missing the steering wheel.