Smoking while working in the yard

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benmarcum

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of you fine gentlemen talk about smoking while working in the yard. my question is...how? i cannot seem to be able to clench the pipe long enough and i worry about puffing on the pipe to much if i clench that long thus heak=ting it up way to much.

any advice would be great as i have a lot of work to do in the backyard tomorrow.

Thanks yall!

I'll use a pipe with a deep bend in it, and just let my chin and little pressure hold it up when I'm not clenching. I have a little bent cob that's pretty light (when I shovel my sidewalk of snow I must look like a snowman...) I do have to remind myself to breathe through the nose so I don't stoke the pipe too much.

benmarcum":3e5o5emh said:
I have seen a couple of you fine gentlemen talk about smoking while working in the yard. my question is...how? i cannot seem to be able to clench the pipe long enough and i worry about puffing on the pipe to much if i clench that long thus heak=ting it up way to much.

any advice would be great as i have a lot of work to do in the backyard tomorrow.

Thanks yall!

You need to have your priorities right. Work while smoking, not smoke while working :lol!:

I can't multi-task like that. So I have to have the wife mow the yard when I smoke. :idea:

Falconer":kkabrluc said:
I can't multi-task like that. So I have to have the wife mow the yard when I smoke. :idea:
Who's da man Valky........
3 cheers :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I smoke cobs in the yard and in the studio!

I get the yard done faster without smoking...them more time to relax and smoke when its all done.

Falconer":beyobj6r said:
well played sir!

i've heard some talk about a rubber cover you put around your bit, to protect it. maybe i would clench better than i do now if i had one. my other problem is i drool like a Labrador.

bruins":iiif4sir said:
Falconer":iiif4sir said:
well played sir!

i've heard some talk about a rubber cover you put around your bit, to protect it. maybe i would clench better than i do now if i had one. my other problem is i drool like a Labrador.
On form here bro, keep em rolling!!

smoking a pipe and working, should not be used in the same sentence...they just don't have any Continuity between them

The advantages of condominum living, sitting on the porch smoking a pipe while the landscapers do the work :lol:

Hermit":g5foov7s said:
That's what cigars are for.
Astute observation, I never thought of it that way :idea:

About the only physical activity I ever do with a pipe in my mouth is paddling a canoe (which fortunately, I get to do quite regularly). I'll still put it down if I'm heading into a blind turn or grabbing my binos, but I seem to be able to paddle for quite a while while puffing merrily along.

But, although I've got a large yard and am working in it quite a bit, I never smoke a pipe while active. I will sometimes pause for a few minutes from planting trees or digging out the ponds to puff for a while, but then I put it down and go back to work. But even then, I'm so sweaty and grubby that I don't want to touch my good pipes, so I generally wait until the work is done, I'll grab a quick shower, fix a drink or three, and decide what tobacco and pipe I want to enjoy as I sit on the porch and watch the sun set.

Natch

Natch":3579hksz said:
Hermit":3579hksz said:
That's what cigars are for.
Astute observation, I never thought of it that way :idea:

About the only physical activity I ever do with a pipe in my mouth is paddling a canoe (which fortunately, I get to do quite regularly). I'll still put it down if I'm heading into a blind turn or grabbing my binos, but I seem to be able to paddle for quite a while while puffing merrily along.

But, although I've got a large yard and am working in it quite a bit, I never smoke a pipe while active. I will sometimes pause for a few minutes from planting trees or digging out the ponds to puff for a while, but then I put it down and go back to work. But even then, I'm so sweaty and grubby that I don't want to touch my good pipes, so I generally wait until the work is done, I'll grab a quick shower, fix a drink or three, and decide what tobacco and pipe I want to enjoy as I sit on the porch and watch the sun set.

Natch
thats the best way of doing it Natch!!

I'll smoke while I'm weeding since I can still hold the pipe with the other hand. I can't imagine pushing the mower or doing anything strenuous with a pipe, I'd be afraid of dropping it or I would just get annoyed and wait until I was done.

I love smokeing a pipe while working. Doing yard work, jesh i love smoking my pipe while doing anything sitting standing drvieng. About the only think i dont smoke a pipe while doing is choping down a tree.

ftrplt":ho28y7zq said:
I have several "yard" pipes. Never had much of a problem smoking and working; just always did it! FTRPLT
Yep, Most of my pipes are "yard" pipes, the 4-5 nice ones I own are for sitting around and relaxing, the rest go out and work with me. Most didn't cost over 50 bucks so If (and when) I drop one, I don't make a big deal out of it, brush it off n keep puffin.